Screenshot_25591004_001455.jpg

What is your favorite films/characters?

Show me your collections! :-D
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lynn36
What is your favorite films/characters?

Show me your collection! :biggrin:

You cant really claim to like animation without having looked at Ghibli.

My favourites are Spirited Away amd Howls Moving Castle.
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger

My favourites are Spirited Away amd Howls Moving Castle.

That's cool films! I like Turnip-head though :smile:
My favorite is Totoro
Original post by Lynn36
That's cool films! I like Turnip-head though :smile:
My favorite is Totoro

Bit young for me. You should post on the anime section.
My favourite movie is spirited away, but i liked grave of the fireflies but it was very sad though, and i watched many others, when marnie was there,ponyo,totoro, howls moving castle,the cat returns, porco rosso,pom poko, kikis delivery service,laputa castle in the sky,arriety, whisper of the heart,only yesterday, the wind rises,from up on poppy hill. I liked whisper of the heart very much too as well. Spirited away,grave of the fireflies and whisper of the heart are my top 3 favourites.
Reply 5
Bit young for me. You should post on the anime section.

I went to that section but there was no ask question button. I'm new on this web, can you show me how to T-T) thank you.
I really dislike ghibli stuff, it is just too boring and doesnt intrest me.
Howl's Moving Castle, Spirited Away and My Neighbour Totoro are my all-time favourites but I love all the Studio Ghibil movies (I think I haven't watched 1 or 2 but I'm sure I watched most of the films).

I love their originality, the music, the way the shots and transitions are presented(soz for being a media freak) and the how the characters are forever entrenched in your hearts whereby when you finish the film you cry because you don't want it to ever end. I feel like I'm more in a magical world when I watch Studio Ghibil movies as opposed to Disney movies(they are amazing but I love Studio Ghibil films way more).

What are your favourite films guys?
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous1502
My favourite movie is spirited away, but i liked grave of the fireflies but it was very sad though, and i watched many others, when marnie was there,ponyo,totoro, howls moving castle,the cat returns, porco rosso,pom poko, kikis delivery service,laputa castle in the sky,arriety, whisper of the heart,only yesterday, the wind rises,from up on poppy hill. I liked whisper of the heart very much too as well. Spirited away,grave of the fireflies and whisper of the heart are my top 3 favourites.

You are such a big fan of the studio ghibli! :-D I never watch grave of the fireflies, it's too sad to watch, I'm sure that I going to cry a river :'( BTW I like a big baby in Spirited away, especially when he become a rat :-D it's cute.
Everything is perfect with Ghibli
Everything is wrong with this thread title :afraid:
Studio ghibli is so good. I really like all the ones i've watched so far: Spirited away, howl's moving castle, laputa castle in the sky, kiki's delivery service.
Reply 11
Original post by AperfectBalance
I really dislike ghibli stuff, it is just too boring and doesnt intrest me.

Did you have your favorite films? :smile:
I love from up on poppy hill ,kiki's delivery service and spirited away
Reply 14
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
Everything is perfect with Ghibli
Everything is wrong with this thread title :afraid:

Any advice is welcome :biggrin:
Reply 15

I wish I would have his gold. Hahaha xD
Reply 16
Original post by Defraction
Howl's Moving Castle, Spirited Away and My Neighbour Totoro are my all-time favourites but I love all the Studio Ghibil movies (I think I haven't watched 1 or 2 but I'm sure I watched most of the films).

I love their originality, the music, the way the shots and transitions are presented(soz for being a media freak) and the how the characters are forever entrenched in your hearts whereby when you finish the film you cry because you don't want it to ever end. I feel like I'm more in a magical world when I watch Studio Ghibil movies as opposed to Disney movies(they are amazing but I love Studio Ghibil films way more).

What are your favourite films guys?

Yesss! I'm totally agree for all.
And the music was so so good! :-D
My most fav are the same of yours.

That's an absurd statement to make, just as "you can't really claim to like animation without having looked at René Laloux" is.

I like Ghibli, but it's hardly the be all and end all (5 Centimetres Per Second, and The Place Promised In Our Early Days: both outstanding animated films, neither had anything to do with Ghibli).

You see my point?
Original post by Drunk Punx
That's an absurd statement to make, just as "you can't really claim to like animation without having looked at René Laloux" is.

I like Ghibli, but it's hardly the be all and end all (5 Centimetres Per Second, and The Place Promised In Our Early Days: both outstanding animated films, neither had anything to do with Ghibli).

You see my point?

Its an important part in the pantheon of animation. If you havent seen any then youve missed out.
Its an important part in the pantheon of animation. If you havent seen any then youve missed out.

I've seen/have most of them, and I wouldn't consider any of them bad by a long stretch, but it really annoys me when people put them on a pedestal when there are arguably films that are as good, if not better (taste is subjective after all), than Ghibli films out there.

As far as animation in general is concerned, how do you compare a film to a series? It's near impossible due to them being two separate products of media, so the only evidence that someone can give as for why one medium is better than the other is personal preference, which isn't really evidence at all.

Ergo, "you can't really like animation without looking at Ghibli" is a flawed statement to make.

It's a shame that Ghibli is so expensive... HMV usually have them in there, but £14 for a DVD? Don't think so.

Quick Reply