The Student Room Group

Is the Kite runner worth reading?

Heard it had a rape scene and **** :lolwut: can anyone confirm?
Original post by Bluebutterfly310
I can confirm it is a horrible and shocking book, and you are right there is a rape scene on a little boy which is just horrendous.

Thanks so its overrated? :s-smilie:
Yeah, it is worth reading.
Original post by EastGuava
Yeah, it is worth reading.

How violent is it? :colondollar:
Original post by PrinceHarrys
How violent is it? :colondollar:

Read it to find out :tongue:
Well the guy who wrote it based the stories on experience he had with cultures and conflicts between ethnics and i personally dont think its over rated due to it has a lot of truth about ethnic conflict and cultures worked in to.

Hmm ok ty :smile:

EastGuava
Read it to find out

yess START READING NOW
it was pretty good , rape scene tho pissed me off.
Reply 8
I can confirm it is a horrible and shocking book, and you are right there is a rape scene on a little boy which is just horrendous.

Really? :K:

It's certainly a powerful story but didn't find it particularly shocking.
Reply 9
Great book.

Will certainly have an impact on you.

Imo the rape scene and other violence is nothing special for our generation. We have all seen and heard worse.
(edited 7 years ago)
I personally don't enjoy the book as I dislike the authors style - it felt like he tried to hard to shove down the fact I should be appalled by the events that where happening before telling me what actually happened that I was just annoyed. The book would have been better if I'd been just told what happened and allowed to have my own reaction to it instead of being told before hand how I should feel. Studied it as part of my English lit as and have never had such a passionate dislike to an authors writing style. The content and especially the political and cultural context is all decent but it was just the writing style that put me off so badly.
(edited 7 years ago)
Yep it is a good book but I think A Thousand Splendid Suns (by the same author) is much better. :yep:

But I haven't seen the film :ninja:

Quick Reply

Latest