The Student Room Group

Dental Hygiene and Therapy - Applicants without A Levels

Hi, I am applying this year for Essex, BPP and Teesside. I don't have A Levels and I only have 4 GCSE's (English, core science, maths and art) but I also have a level 2 qualification which is equivalent to a GCSE. I have Level 3 dental nursing with 3 years experience and I am currently doing Oral Health Education. Looking at other peoples posts on here, I feel I have less chance being that I don't have as many qualifications as majority of people (even though these uni's will accept what I have) :frown: Is there anyone else on here which is in the same boat as me and has been offered a place/applying? I am hoping my personal statement will overlook it! I am going to apply for Sheffield next year if im not successful this year as once I have 2 post qualifications, I will be able to apply.
Reply 1
Original post by sophiejvc
Hi, I am applying this year for Essex, BPP and Teesside. I don't have A Levels and I only have 4 GCSE's (English, core science, maths and art) but I also have a level 2 qualification which is equivalent to a GCSE. I have Level 3 dental nursing with 3 years experience and I am currently doing Oral Health Education. Looking at other peoples posts on here, I feel I have less chance being that I don't have as many qualifications as majority of people (even though these uni's will accept what I have) :frown: Is there anyone else on here which is in the same boat as me and has been offered a place/applying? I am hoping my personal statement will overlook it! I am going to apply for Sheffield next year if im not successful this year as once I have 2 post qualifications, I will be able to apply.

Hi

If the university allows you to apply with those qualifications you have just as much chance as anyone else. Just make sure your personal statement is good so you are offerd an interview.

However, if you want the opportunity to apply to more unis I would suggest you do an access course.

Quick Reply

Latest