The Student Room Group

Maths with further pure or mechanics modules?

Hi all,

I have the choice of two maths courses, I don't know which one would be better for me. I can either take "Pure Mathematics" (C1-4, FP1&2) OR "Mathematics (with mechanics)" (C1-4, M1&2).

I am aiming to do a degree in computer science. I am studying (along with maths): Computer Science, RE, Psychology.
Original post by Jor64
Hi all,

I have the choice of two maths courses, I don't know which one would be better for me. I can either take "Pure Mathematics" (C1-4, FP1&2) OR "Mathematics (with mechanics)" (C1-4, M1&2).

I am aiming to do a degree in computer science. I am studying (along with maths): Computer Science, RE, Psychology.

The more relevant option would be pure maths, though it is in my opinion the harder option.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
I find FP1 easier than M1, but M1 is a bit more interesting.
Maybe check the spec for both? And read a little and see which one interests you?
I found M1 to be very dull, personally, however a lot of my friends enjoyed it. I'd certainly say that for computer science FP1 and FP2 are much more relevant. Not sure how possible it is, but is there any way you could start by doing both and decide after a couple of weeks?

Quick Reply

Latest