The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mimzie
Oh dear, I must have misread the question because I thought the word order did matter and used that to eliminate a lot of the possible options whoops! Too late now though.

I'm somehow hoping its pretty much impossible to finish all of the numerical test properly in time, I mean 30 questions in 10 mins is really hard going!

Good luck everyone!

Word order WAS IMPORTANT. It clearly specified this!!
Original post by webster89
Word order WAS IMPORTANT. It clearly specified this!!

Yeah she gets that, it was I that misread...and even though I did misread (because I had two children running around me) I still worked it out no bother when it came to the questions :smile:
Original post by Jjubb84
Yeah she gets that, it was I that misread...and even though I did misread (because I had two children running around me) I still worked it out no bother when it came to the questions :smile:

I was clarifying, I've seen about ten people on two threads arguing about this. Someone on Saturday was adamant that word order didn't matter and was calling people dumb for thinking otherwise.
I see. I personally must have imagined it because in my head it was in capitals at the start - not sure what other people were claiming as I've only been paying attention to this thread. Regardless, I thought the first question was enough to make it blatantly obvious!
Reply 64
Does anyone know if HMRC will be recruiting for O grades from tho campaign also? This is something that they have done on other occasions.
Original post by Sk80gse
Does anyone know if HMRC will be recruiting for O grades from tho campaign also? This is something that they have done on other occasions.

Does anyone know whether applying to this scheme will make any difference to the application to the TSP 2016, be it good or bad. Or are/will the two be totally separate? Thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gingerwizard
Does anyone know whether applying to this scheme will make any difference to the application to the TSP 2016, be it good or bad. Or are/will the two be totally separate? Thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Totally separate :smile:*
Has anyone heard back?
Reply 68
Original post by itsmyname
Has anyone heard back?

My guess is that we won't hear back till Monday 10th October 2016, but I could be wrong...
Just an update for everyone: I just had an email saying that I'd passed the online tests and they are now reviewing competency statements. They said that they'd get back to us with those scores within two weeks!
Reply 70
Original post by hapeaman
Just an update for everyone: I just had an email saying that I'd passed the online tests and they are now reviewing competency statements. They said that they'd get back to us with those scores within two weeks!

I got the same email.
Reply 71
Original post by QE5
I got the same email.

Are you internal or external?
Reply 72
I haven't got that email. Mustn't have passed. Unless I they come in batches.
Reply 73
I've heard today that I have got through to the next stage of competency review, I am external.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 74
Just had the email. I'm external.
Original post by naszam
Are you internal or external?

I got it as well and I'm external.

Congrats everybody!

I'm really doubting my competencies though. I'm confident with my leading one, not so much with the other one. Does anyone know how they are marked? I.e. if I get a great score in one and a bad score in another, am I rejected or will it even out?
Haven't gotten that email either :frown: Ah well, congrats everyone!
Reply 77
Original post by hapeaman
I got it as well and I'm external.

Congrats everybody!

I'm really doubting my competencies though. I'm confident with my leading one, not so much with the other one. Does anyone know how they are marked? I.e. if I get a great score in one and a bad score in another, am I rejected or will it even out?

My understanding was they sift on the first, then only score competencies for the second if you scored a pass mark or high mark on that. So if your first is stronger then that's better. I feel my first is stringer too. But been through many sifts at lots of different levels, it's hard to tell what the person who is scoring will think, I think it's hard to be objective.
Those of you have gotten an email, when did you guys send off your completed application?
Reply 79
Original post by itsmyname
Those of you have gotten an email, when did you guys send off your completed application?

I finished mine and sent it on Saturday evening. 1st October. I did receive mine about half an hour after others by the looks of it.

Latest

Trending

Trending