The Student Room Group

Uncomfortable contact lenses

I recently got coloured contacts (freshlook) without prescription and i can really feel them like paper in my eyes. Also, it burns and my eyes cry when i put them in. This is the first time I've got contacts and i usually wear glasses. also when i have them in my vision is blurry. What should i do considering if i go specsavers or get them made specially for my eyes it will be really expensive.
(edited 7 years ago)
I wear contact lenses with prescription everyday. I've never felt discomfort with them. I pay for my contact lenses every month :smile:
Definitely get it sorted. It's worth paying more for contact lenses that are comfortable and that you can wear every day without making your eyes sting and water.
Reply 3
are you putting them in the right way ?
Reply 4
Original post by IMS2K17
are you putting them in the right way ?

they're not inside out, i use the right technique with washed hands and solution. do you think its the solution that burns my eyes?
Stop wearing them or you'll ruin your eyesight further. Get them on prescription, it is safe and they won't hurt.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by _maryamm98
they're not inside out, i use the right technique with washed hands and solution. do you think its the solution that burns my eyes?

It could potentially be that. However, don't take my word for it. What solution is it that you use? Multi- purpose? Hydrogen peroxide?
Reply 7
Original post by IMS2K17
It could potentially be that. However, don't take my word for it. What solution is it that you use? Multi- purpose? Hydrogen peroxide?

It's multi purpose, boots own brand
Well it's obvious that if you wear glasses already then you'd need to get prescription coloured ones. Again, obviously don't wear them if they don't feel right. Cheapie bought contact lessons for halloween and such could possibly make you go blind. Loads of warnings on the internet about them :colonhash:
Go have your optician teach you how to properly put them in. They'll help you find out exactly what prescription, curvature, and moisture level, etc you need for your eyes. They'll often be able to provide you with a good brand of saline solution too, or at least recommend one.

After that, you can go online and use the information they've given you to order custom contact lenses. I used to purchase mine from a Malaysian site called PinkyParadise.
Reply 10
hated mine felt like a piece of grit in my eye so stopped wearing them but it all depends on if you think u can deal with it or not

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending