The Student Room Group

Summer 2017 Applications

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AenigmaFx
The masters route is looking more and more attractive, as i receive rejections :colonhash:

*not ignoring that I may in fact just be a bad applicant tho lol

Yh im considering changing to MEng at the end of year 2. Its really unlikely to get an internship with a bachelors atm i reckon.
Original post by gman888
Yh im considering changing to MEng at the end of year 2. Its really unlikely to get an internship with a bachelors atm i reckon.

Well i was thinking more smash my undergrad (non-target) and go to a target haha.
Reply 3722
CS tests are numerical and verbal kenexa right?
Original post by ib101
CS tests are numerical and verbal kenexa right?

yeah

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AenigmaFx
Well i was thinking more smash my undergrad (non-target) and go to a target haha.

Im at a target got all As at a levels n i got rejected today for markets at deustche. Its not about targets anymore i think u need at least a masters to get in.
Anyone have the Nomura IBD assessment centre this week?
Anyone done the BNP video interview?
Original post by gman888
Im at a target got all As at a levels n i got rejected today for markets at deustche. Its not about targets anymore i think u need at least a masters to get in.

well thats more cos its deutsche.
also to be in best position, you need to be target and have good experience/CV - you cant just go to a target and ride on that.
Original post by gman888

Not true, you just got unlucky. Not everyone can get an interview everywhere, regardless of target vs semi vs non-target status.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gman888

IIRC db's application form contained many competency questions (more than most banks) so its more than possible they took those into account too
The majority of UK students in IBD don't have a Masters...
Original post by gsbs2
give up

Is that what you did?
Does anyone know about the overall competitiveness for summer/grads for BP? Is it similar to BB FO?
Reply 3733
Anyone know if Canaccord's applications are open?
how would you answer a "how do i know you're not gonna run off to PE in two years time' question for ibd interview?
Original post by jcwh
Anyone know if Canaccord's applications are open?

Scrapped their grad scheme because of brexit, or so i've been told...
Reply 3736
Hey guys, my first time on this forum!

Anyone knows about what happens in you get to AC and are studying abroad?
(edited 7 years ago)
do you have to come clean shaven to a face to face?
Original post by cleverboy12
how would you answer a "how do i know you're not gonna run off to PE in two years time' question for ibd interview?

"What's PE?"
Original post by Breakingbank
"What's PE?"

hahaaa!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending