The Student Room Group

Black lives matter vs all lives matter social experiment

Scroll to see replies

Uhh this is such a sticky topic for debate. In the US there was a sharp rise in police brutality against black men so the black community made that saying in response to the police. Can you just give that to them? Incident X happened so Black Lives Matter was output Y and that should be the end of it. This is specific to the black community and the police in America. "All lives matter" could be a good slogan for another campaign but it has nothing to do with the origins of "Black Lives Matter"
I remember watching this video yesterday. I don't know why black people acted aggressively, All included them as well.
Original post by el0hssa
Chinese, Indians, Arab immigrants. Vietnamese boat people. It's much harder being piss poor and coming to a new country then being born there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Affirmative_action_in_the_United_States
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Negro_College_Fund

Also if you look around there are lots of technology schemes at the moment that are only for women and non Chinese/white minorities.

Not if you were already born piss poor; being born in the country isn't going to make you better off financially. And most of those ethnic minorities arrived after the period of racial segregation.

So a setc number of Black students in the hundreds may have access to scholarships, you made it sound like it was guaranteed. It was also untrue to claim that a Black student is more likely to go to university than a very poor White student with the same grades, as similar scholarships exist for students on low income.
Original post by Oxidation
I remember watching this video yesterday. I don't know why black people acted aggressively, All included them as well.

Because it's obviously fake.
Original post by Foo.mp3
The balls on/stupidity of that guy. Wow :erm:

Which is stupid, because they could just shut it down by citing the statistical work performed by a black researcher, that shows that blacks are no more likely to get fatally shot by the feds than any other group in US society. So what does this video tell us? That young black males frequently have the capacity to display disproportionately primitive, aggressive, and violent behaviour when they have a chip on their shoulder about something and/or are minimally provoked i.e. nothing new :dontknow:

The video tells us that its an obvious fake used by racists to "prove" that Black people are inherently violent.

Which begs the question: why cite the stats gathered by an individual who is supposedly wired genetically to be violent? How convenient.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Foo.mp3
1. You think they were all actors?

2. The stats show that, unfortunately, black people do have a problem with violence linked crime e.g. street crime (inc. knife/gun crime, violent robbery), sexual violence, homicide, etc

1. A violent person can still produce sound research

2. Naturally, there's more to aggression than genetics e.g. social, cultural, experiential (discriminatory), and economic factors

And unfortunately White people do have a problem with invading countries and causing death on a much larger scale than Blacks, so that's nonsense.

That YouTuber is notorious for fake "social experiments", this one is no different.

Being genetically violent would suggest mental deficiency.
Original post by Foo.mp3
For sure, our foreign policy record is worse, albeit that this is largely incidental (a function of geography and institutional design, rather than the colour of our skin e.g. see the progress of Mongolian Empire/Islamic Caliphates, constrained only by fate/logistics). This (organised/state-sanctioned slaughter) is a somewhat separate domain to domestic law and order, however (albeit certainly no less grave)

Wonder how much he had to pay those black dudes to go rago on him. Also, the one who warned him deserves an Oscar for that performance!

That's subjective. Being genetically geared towards more explosive autonomic/physical responses may serve a valuable evolutionary purpose. Aussie aborigines (including kids who grew up away from the bush) have vastly superior pictorial memories, a product of thriving/surviving in their relatively tricky environments, for example

I don't believe any race to be more or less violent, I am just making the point that every race can have one form of violence or another attributed to it. If one wanted to be extra-stereotypical it would be: Blacks and gang violence, Whites and a violent foreign policy, Arabs and terror attacks, Hispanics and drug wars and so forth.

Perhaps, but I have seen the "social experiments" created by a YouTuber who later admitted that they were all fake, and the acting was pretty good.
Reply 27
Original post by WBZ144
The video tells us that its an obvious fake used by racists to "prove" that Black people are inherently violent.
This argument is somewhat disingenuous.
Given the course of the current narrative, the video basically shows a white person standing in a predominantly black area holding a sign containing an inflammatory racist statement.
And in such a situation, it would be expected to see some aggressive reactions. So while the video is meaningless in the context of what it is ostensibly attempting to demonstrate, there is also no reason to assume that it is fake.
Original post by QE2
This argument is somewhat disingenuous.
Given the course of the current narrative, the video basically shows a white person standing in a predominantly black area holding a sign containing an inflammatory racist statement.
And in such a situation, it would be expected to see some aggressive reactions. So while the video is meaningless in the context of what it is ostensibly attempting to demonstrate, there is also no reason to assume that it is fake.

I assumed that it was fake because of reputation that YouTuber has for making fake social experiments.
Original post by W. A. Mozart
Statistics beg to differ on that one I'm afraid.

I already addressed that nonsensical point in my reply to Foo.
He also shut you down with his response.
You did not disprove the fact that statistics directly show that black people are inherently violent, but I guess you will just pretend that they are inaccurate and are not a true reflection of the situation in the US right now.

In what way did he "shut me down"? Black people are not committing terror attacks in various countries, Black people have started less wars and invaded and colonised far less countries than many other races. US crime stats are not the only things that determine violence.
(edited 7 years ago)
Black Lives Matter is largely a US movement, so I'd argue that the US crime stats are the most relevant to this discussion.

But you claimed that Blacks are inherently violent, so that would suggest a genetic cause for the violence. In that case it would apply to all Blacks, not just African Americans.
I agree of course, but I do not know of any statistics regarding violence across the entire black population. I do not know if they would even paint the same picture as the US statistics, but it's all I have to base my opinions from.

You may know of such statistics but I haven't came across any, so apologies.

You're the one who claimed that Black people are inherently violent so the burden rests on you to prove that we are, not on me to prove that we are not.
Reply 33
You did not disprove the fact that statistics directly show that black people are inherently violent,
But the statistics do not show that. They show that black people are more likely to be involved in violent crime. That involvement will have many contributary factors, including the social and economic, and to claim that the black population in America is generally subject to the same social, economic, educational, etc pressures as white people is to be wilfully ignorant.
If black people were inherently violent, we would expect to see similar levels of violence across all social, educational and economic strata in the black polutation. And we don't!

Of course, there is the possibility that you don't understand the meaning of "inherent".
Original post by WBZ144

That is the issue with "All Lives Matter"; nobody said that they don't, but people are against the way that the statement is made for the purpose of shutting down debate.

This picture is the best argument for Black Lives Matter I have ever seen.
Reply 35
Still not knowing that social experiments are fake in 2016<<<<<

:lol:
Reply 36
I thought that inherent was synonymous to intrinsic, so I used it instead of the latter. I'm not implying that violence is genetically inherited in black people.

I agree with you, I believe it's because of upbringing and all socioeconomic factors involved, which the children are born into, and therefore they are intrinsically violent.

I apologise for confusion in my wording.

You are still wrong to use the word intrinsic...
Original post by WBZ144

That is the issue with "All Lives Matter"; nobody said that they don't, but people are against the way that the statement is made for the purpose of shutting down debate.

In reality, all the people at the table have a similar amount of food, but Bob feels victimised for some reason and decides to throw a wobbly over it. That's the reality of the situation.
Reply 38
Original post by Bright_Gift
This picture is the best argument for Black Lives Matter I have ever seen.
For the analogy to work in light of the statistical realities of the issue, there would also have to be Fred, who also has no food, who says "everyone deserves food".

You see, the whole BLM campaign is based on the assumption that black people are being killed by the police at a rate that displays a statistical over-representaion. This is not the case. When the statistics are viewed in the context of all causative factors, they are actually under-represented in those killed by the police.

In reality, Bob doesn't have an empty plate. He is just demanding that he be served first.
Reply 39
I thought that inherent was synonymous to intrinsic, so I used it instead of the latter. I'm not implying that violence is genetically inherited in black people.

I agree with you, I believe it's because of upbringing and all socioeconomic factors involved, which the children are born into, and therefore they are intrinsically violent.

I apologise for confusion in my wording.
Intrinsic is a synonym for inherent, and neither are appropriate as they both mean "an essential part of their nature".
It is only socio-economic factors that affect the statistics. Nothing inherent, intrinsic, innate, or whatever. That is why affluent, educated blacks are statistically unlikely to be involved in violent crime, and why poorly educated whites from socially deprived backgrounds are more likely to be.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending