The Student Room Group

Argos christmas period length? and worth it?

I have an interview at argos tomorow for a temporary christmas season job, does anyone know how long this is? or how many hours per week?

also do they judge you on appearance? i have long hair and a small beard, i do not want to / cant cut it

is it worth me travelling to the interview? I will have to sell my phone
also its only the first interview... thats what it said in the email, so im guessing i will have to get through a few.. is it worth me wasting money i dont have on travel for a job i probably wont get?
lol argos rejected me
Original post by bellalalaxo
lol argos rejected me

Are you ugly?
Original post by scorpion666990
Are you ugly?

they never even saw my face it was an online app

mate have you seen some of the absolute mugs in argos?? get off your high horse
Original post by bellalalaxo
they never even saw my face it was an online app

mate have you seen some of the absolute mugs in argos?? get off your high horse

i passed to online bit

i wasnt trying to be offensive, was just trying to find out, as i look homeless. ive been told retail reject people who arent good looking,
i passed to online bit

i wasnt trying to be offensive, was just trying to find out, as i look homeless. ive been told retail reject people who arent good looking,

Depends on the shop really. A fancy clothes shop might but Argos don't

I probably got rejected because I have no experience. The one I did get rejected on in terms of looks was a plus sized clothing shop haha
If you get the job how will you manage the finances. How far is this Argos from your house? How much would it cost you to get there??

Posted from TSR Mobile

is it worth me travelling to the interview? I will have to sell my phone
also its only the first interview... thats what it said in the email, so im guessing i will have to get through a few.. is it worth me wasting money i dont have on travel for a job i probably wont get?

erm... no?! Just gonna ask you real quick, if you apply for more jobs and then sell your phone..how are they expected to call you? Besides you don't get paid straight away..you'd still have to get yourself to and from the job for a few weeks first..
how far away is this place? how would you have to sell stuff to get there... you're going to have to travel for some time before you get paid, quite possibly 6 weeks or so and then you'll be emergency taxed and also how are they going to call and offer a job or give you your shifts if you don't have a phone?

most seasonable jobs will be for up to 10 hours or so but there's often the opportunity for overtime if you want it
Reply 9
also do they judge you on appearance? i have long hair and a small beard, i do not want to / cant cut it

Just cut it. Cleanliness IS a factor and you should try to look as serious and professional as possible. Wear a grey suit and tie (plain, no dumbass designs) with dress-shoes. Don't wear piercings.
If you don't want to do any of this, then you probably don't want the job.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending