The Student Room Group

Handing in notice, holiday entitlement

Today I handed in my notice, via the phone and it was so odd. I rang them up and explained that I wanted to leave, and the manager basically pushed for me to resign with immediate effect, which I was thrilled at. Only thing is, I owe the company £30 due to holiday. Does anyone know how they will go about taking the money from me? I was paid on Thursday and haven't worked a shift since?

Thanks.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by PippaStu
Today I handed in my notice, via the phone and it was so odd. I rang them up and explained that I wanted to leave, and the manager basically pushed for me to resign with immediate effect, which I was thrilled at. Only thing is, I owe the company £30 due to holiday. Does anyone know how they will go about taking the money from me? I was paid on Thursday and haven't worked a shift since?

Thanks.

Odd to resign by phone. They can reclaim the money, but are unlikely to do so imo and will probably write it off. They might try and invoice you, but doubt it.
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
Odd to resign by phone. They can reclaim the money, but are unlikely to do so imo and will probably write it off. They might try and invoice you, but doubt it.

Thanks. Yeah, very odd I know. I rang up to find out my remaining holidays, and who to hand a letter into, and they basically told me to resign with immediate effect. I thought I'd have to work a weeks notice too, as it's in my contract, all very strange...
Thanks. Yeah, very odd I know. I rang up to find out my remaining holidays, and who to hand a letter into, and they basically told me to resign with immediate effect. I thought I'd have to work a weeks notice too, as it's in my contract, all very strange...

No idea I dont know the circumstances.
They might be offended, so its a rejction reaction or you might pose a risk, so they call it a day. Gardening leave would have been paid holiday.
Reply 4
No idea I dont know the circumstances.
They might be offended, so its a rejction reaction or you might pose a risk, so they call it a day. Gardening leave would have been paid holiday.

They're trying to cut down on hours, and I have only been there about 10 weeks, so I think they were glad to get shut of me, I saved them a job by the looks of it! haha
They're trying to cut down on hours, and I have only been there about 10 weeks, so I think they were glad to get shut of me, I saved them a job by the looks of it! haha

Just move on I doubt they will try and reclaim.
Just move on I doubt they will try and reclaim.

I agree.
Especially seeing as its only £30.
And you havent worked a shift since you handed your notice in, so they cant exactly try to claim it off your last pay cheque or anything.
Just double check when the pay runs too, it seems a bit odd that you got paid on Thursday yet they don't owe you any money, where I work the pay cut off is a week before payday so on payday they'll owe me a weeks pay (if that makes sense)

otherwise they'll probably just write it off

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending