The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jamestg
I'd have no chance with AAA/A*AA predictions and an 87 UMS average :frown:

There isn't really an internal deadline as such, just before the 15th if I do get the predictions!

Im so angry for you sweetie you probably really deserve all those A*'s
Original post by jamestg
I'd have no chance with AAA/A*AA predictions and an 87 UMS average :frown:

There isn't really an internal deadline as such, just before the 15th if I do get the predictions!

Definitely get your parents/the head of your school involved, because this might mean not only no Cambridge but no Durham!
Original post by jamestg
I know right :frown: I might get the Oxbridge coordinator at my school to speak to at least my maths teacher so I can be predicted A*AA. Although that would mean no Cambridge application which is gutting but the chances are so small anyway.

Really hope they change their mind that is so unfair, I know a few who had this problem but going to someone higher up in the school can be helpful

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just to let everyone know, here's our FB group (sorry for the strange link... I use the mobile platfrom)
https://m.facebook.com/groups/1793083284296589?refid=8&_ft_=qid.6337538436356663973%3Amf_story_key.-7432276023579172567&__tn__=C
Hopefully this will be helpful to anyone applying to the same universities. When I sent my application off last year the offer times were as so:

University of Central Lancashire (UCLan): 5 days
University of Sheffield: 7 weeks
University of London, School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS): 2 months

Good luck everyone with their applications this year. If anyone has any questions about any of these universities and my firm university (Sheffield) feel free to send me a message!
Original post by bellalalaxo
Hopefully this will be helpful to anyone applying to the same universities. When I sent my application off last year the offer times were as so:

University of Central Lancashire (UCLan): 5 days
University of Sheffield: 7 weeks
University of London, School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS): 2 months

Good luck everyone with their applications this year. If anyone has any questions about any of these universities and my firm university (Sheffield) feel free to send me a message!

What course for sheffield and when did you send your application in?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ugh guys I'm so irritated the school messed up my reference. Luckily i was able to read it before I sent it off but now my application is delayed and all my work i did in advance ahead of everyone else was for nothing :frown:
Original post by GabbytheGreek_48
What course for sheffield and when did you send your application in?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Korean Studies and late October. Even people who applied later still had the same one week period though
I applied in 2016 but I received an offer from Liverpool the day after if that makes any difference? :biggrin:

Sheffield took the longest, which is coincidentally where I am now.
Original post by Elastichedgehog
I applied in 2016 but I received an offer from Liverpool the day after if that makes any difference? :biggrin:

When did you apply? (as in, did you apply in October, December, January...?)
Original post by Elastichedgehog

How are you finding Sheffield? :biggrin:
Itching to send mine off. My school seems to be taking ages with references :colonhash:
Korean Studies and late October. Even people who applied later still had the same one week period though

Oh 1 week I thought you said 7 weeks sorry

Posted from TSR Mobile
My daughter submitted hers today we weren't expecting to hear back for ages
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Itching to send mine off. My school seems to be taking ages with references :colonhash:

Nag nag nag them. That's what aI did until my tutor rang me at 4pm on a friday and just yelled down the phone "IVE DONE IT. IT'S SENT."

mine was the first to go off hahaha
Nag nag nag them. That's what aI did until my tutor rang me at 4pm on a friday and just yelled down the phone "IVE DONE IT. IT'S SENT."

mine was the first to go off hahaha

We have other students who are applying to Oxford and Medicine so they're trying to get those out of the way first..
Original post by BEARichards
When did you apply? (as in, did you apply in October, December, January...?)

End of October I think :smile:

Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
How are you finding Sheffield? :biggrin:

Really good yeah, settling in okay :h:
I should be getting predicted A*AAB sooo fingers crossed! Only just started writing my personal statement and I'm already dying inside.
Original post by Theawesomejem
Also applying to Politics and International studies at warwick the course sounds so much like hsps at Cambridge! Where else are you applying for politics? I'm thinking Durham, Exeter (cornwall campus), york then a spare 5th (maybe bristol) :smile:

Yeah, so my first choice is of course Warwick! Love it too much lol.
But my other choices are Nottingham, Kings College London, Birmingham and another one I haven't thought of yet.
I might get rid of Kings and apply elsewhere though, because I really don't want to stay in London.
Any ideas?
As an update, I've had confirmations of application from Birmingham, Cambridge, Edinburgh, and Lancaster. Glasgow still hasn't replied though.

Birmingham will give me an offer / reject me within 15 days; Lancaster soon, too. Exciting!

Latest

Trending

Trending