The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick MORSE applicants 2017!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mehtj006
Ideally i would want to do a maths and finance course. So stats and finace comes the closest followed by accounting and fimance. The other 3 unis do not offer stats and finance so i chose accounting and finance.

My ps is heavily based in maths,stats,econ and finance. So there shouldnt be an issue i dont think.

Nottingham has a Financial Maths degree
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by Ladbants
Nottingham has a Financial Maths degree

I'd really love to do that course, but I'd require an A* in maths. It's a tough ask. Im retaking c3 to get 3 more marks for an A in FM, but would require 30 more for an A*(UMS).
Reply 22
Original post by squish562
What other unis are you guys applying to?

LSE Business Maths and Statistics
UCL Statistics, Economics and finance
Southampton Maths with Statistics (or maybe finance)

Still trying to figure out the final option. I don't like Bristol (the city) but their maths courses look good. Bath sounds good from what ive heard but I don't think you get many optional modules in their maths and stats degree.
Original post by AAls
LSE Business Maths and Statistics
UCL Statistics, Economics and finance
Southampton Maths with Statistics (or maybe finance)

Still trying to figure out the final option. I don't like Bristol (the city) but their maths courses look good. Bath sounds good from what ive heard but I don't think you get many optional modules in their maths and stats degree.

Those unis sound good. What have you mentioned in your ps. Maths, finance? Or both.
Reply 24
Those unis sound good. What have you mentioned in your ps. Maths, finance? Or both.

A split between maths and stats but I spoke about an internship at an asset management firm.
Original post by AAls
A split between maths and stats but I spoke about an internship at an asset management firm.

have you considered bath or durham?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 26
Applying to lse last year for acturial science i got my offer late around march i think. When i asked them why it was so late they said my personal statement wasnt the strongest, and it only marginally made it.

The main reason is because mentioned so much about maths, but never linked it to why i want to study acturial science. So I'm trying to advise you link it all to your course.

Thanks for you advice. I'd take it into account when i make another draft. How did results day go?
@mehtj006 Hi, I have a friend applying for actuarial science at lse. What predicted grades did you have when you applied there?
I got A*AB in econ,maths,further maths.

I was predicted A*A*A last yr, and same this year.
Reply 29
have you considered bath or durham?

I'm not willing to go far up to Durham.
My younger sister had an offer from them with an IB of 38 for the last academic year 2015/2016
Reply 31
Anyone got an offer yet?
Original post by Nl1998
Anyone got an offer yet?

Yeah I got it this morning, how's everybody else doing?
Reply 33
When did you apply?
I applied on Sept 30

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 35
Original post by sanchit117
I applied on Sept 30

Posted from TSR Mobile

can i ask what is your predicted grade?thanks.
Original post by lindaqi
can i ask what is your predicted grade?thanks.

My predicted grades are 4A*s :smile: one of my friends has also got an offer now (though I am not sure what his predicted are).
Original post by sanchit117
My predicted grades are 4A*s :smile: one of my friends has also got an offer now (though I am not sure what his predicted are).

what about conditions?..
Reply 38
Anyone else got an offer, just applied on Friday got the acknowledgement today. Just want to know how long it's taken for people so far?
Original post by Niz2206
Anyone else got an offer, just applied on Friday got the acknowledgement today. Just want to know how long it's taken for people so far?

I got an offer from them about ten days after applying. I got the standard offer from them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending