The Student Room Group

A-Level choices

Currently doing Biology, Maths, Further Maths and Latin. Do I need Chemistry to do Natural Sciences at University?
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

Just quoting in Alisaurus Cats so she can move the thread if needed :wizard:

Spoiler

Often Maths and Further Maths cannot be used as two subjects, unless you're doing Maths or Physics. When you say 'Natural Sciences' I presume you're talking about Cambridge? Chemistry would be a much better preparation, and give you far more options in the first year. It is the central science, after all. Biology without Chemistry is also a slightly odd combination.
Chemistry is not required I don't think, but if you are talking about Cambridge it will rule out some options but not all. IMO doing chemistry instead of Latin makes sense.

Can you specify the degree(s) you are thinking of?
Reply 4
Original post by chazwomaq
Chemistry is not required I don't think, but if you are talking about Cambridge it will rule out some options but not all. IMO doing chemistry instead of Latin makes sense.

Can you specify the degree(s) you are thinking of?

either natural sciences or biological/biomedical sciences or biochemistry... not sure at the moment. Might even change my mind in the future!
Original post by enssow
either natural sciences or biological/biomedical sciences or biochemistry... not sure at the moment. Might even change my mind in the future!

Many biochemistry courses will require chemistry. Sounds like you should consider that instead of Latin. That would give you a great combination.

Quick Reply

Latest