Original post by Rm13
On the unis website x

It doesn't say
Reply 23
Original post by grace_augustine
It doesn't say

NOt sure then Hun ?
Sheff Hallam states experience etc but I've not liked at others xx
Sheffield want you to include it in your personal statement,some unis have work experience forms and others just want you to have visited before starting course. Check the uni websites they usually say.
Hi,
I'm applying for Diagnostic Radiography 2017 entry to Exeter, UWE, Portsmouth, Liverpool and St George's. If anyone has any tips or information about what it's like to study at any of these it would be much appreciated!
Reply 26
Original post by rachel_kirtley
Sheffield want you to include it in your personal statement,some unis have work experience forms and others just want you to have visited before starting course. Check the uni websites they usually say.

I have the forms from Sheffield too Hun :-)
Teesside send you the forms to complete if they invite you for interview.

Leeds ask you about work experience at interview and ask you to complete forms about what you learnt there.

Bradford ask you about it at interview

Cumbria send you forms to complete

Salford send you forms to complete

Or they all did for 2015 entry.
(edited 7 years ago)
Hi there, is anyone else applying to diagnostic and/or therapeutic radiography at Glasgow caledonian for 2017?
First year Diagnostic Radiography student at University of Suffolk, happy to answer questions, also had interviews at Teeside and Portsmouth if you've got university specific questions.
Hi,
I'm a first year radiography student down south. I know how helpful these forums can be for advice and support, so if you have any questions feel free to pm me and I'll do my best to help.

Good luck for the application process :smile:
[QUOTE=katecatfish;68067012]Hi,
I'm a first year radiography student down south. I know how helpful thesew forums can be for advice and support, so if you have any questions feel free to pm me and I'll do my best to help.

Good luck for the application process :smile:

Where are you studying??
Original post by Rm13
I have the forms from Sheffield too Hun :-)

I spoke to one of the tutors on the opens and he's said you can do a form if you want but they're not compulsory as long it's in you person statement
Where are you studying??

Hi Rachel,

I am studying in Exeter, and I am absoloutely loving the course so far!
Original post by katecatfish
Hi Rachel,

I am studying in Exeter, and I am absoloutely loving the course so far!

That's good to hear. I've applied to courses further north but I'm sure they're all quite similar. Did you do A-levels??
Yeah, I came straight from a levels, I did art, biology, physics and psychology, which have all been really useful (apart from art haha). Are you taking a levels?
That's good to hear. I've applied to courses further north but I'm sure they're all quite similar. Did you do A-levels??

Pretty much all the courses are similar, yeah.
There are some variances, like some have longer research projects than others, and some will rotate you around more hospitals, but the base stuff is all the same.
Most of the variance is things like "oh, we can let you learn anatomy on cadavers in the lab", or clinical placement being offered earlier in one, while another focuses on more academic and then placement e.t.c
Hi,
My UCAS application went in last week for BCU. Mature student here who is just finishing my access course. Something I've wanted to do for years and I only have 1 choice at 1 university on my form. Eep! Going to be a long wait to hear.
Good luck to everyone currently applying and I look forward to reading everyone's posts
Reply 38
Original post by katieofthehills
Hi,
My UCAS application went in last week for BCU. Mature student here who is just finishing my access course. Something I've wanted to do for years and I only have 1 choice at 1 university on my form. Eep! Going to be a long wait to hear.
Good luck to everyone currently applying and I look forward to reading everyone's posts

Fellow mature student here (waves) haha

I'm only applying for shu too!
Currently on access - how you finding it?
Original post by Rm13
Fellow mature student here (waves) haha

I'm only applying for shu too!
Currently on access - how you finding it?

Im enjoying the course but find the distance learning a bit hard when it comes to the technical stuff. Looking forward to having an actual teacher! How about you? Who are you studying with?

Quick Reply