The Student Room Group

Oxford GCSE requirements/preferences?

Hey! So, I'm in love with Oxford university and have been for years; the law course appeals to me greatly and I would love to apply there when I reach year 13. Despite this, my GCSE results weren't great. I achieved 2 A*s, 3 As, 4 Bs and 2 Cs. Throughout GCSEs, however, I struggled with major depressive disorder which caused me to be admitted to hospital twice and resulted in three years of therapy. I'm doing much better now, but I'm just looking for honest advice about whether these results will hold me back or if Oxford would view my application holistically and take into account the mitigating circumstances. Thanks in advance for any answers!
Original post by TheBlairMitch
Hey! So, I'm in love with Oxford university and have been for years; the law course appeals to me greatly and I would love to apply there when I reach year 13. Despite this, my GCSE results weren't great. I achieved 2 A*s, 3 As, 4 Bs and 2 Cs. Throughout GCSEs, however, I struggled with major depressive disorder which caused me to be admitted to hospital twice and resulted in three years of therapy. I'm doing much better now, but I'm just looking for honest advice about whether these results will hold me back or if Oxford would view my application holistically and take into account the mitigating circumstances. Thanks in advance for any answers!

Your LNAT performance will play a part in deciding whether or not you get a place. Aside from that, it is worth mentioning your extenuating circumstances. Try to do well at AS, and it'll help your chances. I'm applying for the same degree as you this year - good luck!
Original post by Jasaron
Your LNAT performance will play a part in deciding whether or not you get a place. Aside from that, it is worth mentioning your extenuating circumstances. Try to do well at AS, and it'll help your chances. I'm applying for the same degree as you this year - good luck!

Thanks for the advice! Good luck to you also :smile:
throw in a couple nudes insta accept

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending