The Student Room Group

2017 Investment Banking Graduate scheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheParham
Mid octorber mate, there is a date for it on their website

The date was 3rd of October, so just wondering what's going on
Original post by therealhero
Has anyone heard back for any of the following (all IBD):

*Barclays off-cycle (post video interview)

Not IBD and not off-cycle (Graduate Risk instead), but I got confirmation of phone interview today from Barclays. ***
Reply 582
Hi guys, I am also currently applying to investment banking graduate programmes, an you advise me on which online tests are the best to prepare for Credit Suisse application? Please let me know.
Woo, UBS rejection. Thought my application was pretty good but whatever, can someone shed light on what it takes to get through this stage or is it luck?
Original post by Hypnotized
Woo, UBS rejection. Thought my application was pretty good but whatever, can someone shed light on what it takes to get through this stage or is it luck?

Probably luck. I'm at a semi-target and have nearly 1.5 years of relevant experience, destroyed the tests, anihilated the application questions and still didn't get a first round interview.

Wondering if they only hired like two graduates? Or just decided to hire no one? My friend got transferred to the summer internship.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Commercial Paper
Probably luck. I'm at a semi-target and have nearly 1.5 years of relevant experience, destroyed the tests, anihilated the application questions and still didn't get a first round interview.

Wondering if they only hired like two graduates? Or just decided to hire no one? My friend got transferred to the summer internship.

Posted from TSR Mobile

my application was transferred to summer as well,,,
Reply 586
Original post by elenachen0729
my application was transferred to summer as well,,,

Yep, same here. I don't think they hired many grads (if any) in IBD this year, and I'd love to know why..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Commercial Paper

Posted from TSR Mobile

Guessing that's what it must be, I'm at Impz and did well on the tests, shame but what can you do :tongue:
Original post by ay42
Yep, same here. I don't think they hired many grads (if any) in IBD this year, and I'd love to know why..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you request to be transferred or did the email going received say you were automatically going to Be considered for summer intern instead?

Also are you final year undergrad or masters?
Original post by shandawg
Did you request to be transferred or did the email going received say you were automatically going to Be considered for summer intern instead?

I'm final year undergrad (not doing MSc) and I wasn't transferred. Although maybe they just don't like me :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ay42

Posted from TSR Mobile

Was speaking to HR, appaz their intern class was lit so they were like f it we take baaaaare from interns and recruit a lot less for grad (kinda what she said)
UBS Update: Applied for CCS Graduate Scheme on the 20th August, been under review since 8th September and received and e-mail yesterday being offered a transfer to the Summer Internship because they have filled all of the positions for graduates.
Reply 592
Original post by shandawg

No I didn't request it, they asked me if I'd like to be considered for summer instead

Posted from TSR Mobile

UBS Grad (post test)
Morgan Stanley off-cycle (post test & weird workshop invite)
GS Grad
PWP Grad
Citi Off-cycle (post test passed email)
Evercore Grad
Barclays off-cycle (post video interview)
Harris Williams Grad

Thanks!

UBS: Full
MS: No FT recruiting in London
PWP: No plans to hire someone for FT so far
Evercore: Might already had an AC not a 100% sure
GS: Will start interviewing people
JPM: No FT recruiting

Applies to IBD, no idea about markets
Original post by Passion LF

With MS, I was referring to off-cycle. Still useful to know that they don't plan on hiring FT!

Are you sure about JPM and PWP? Why would they accept apps if they know they don't hire?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 595

UBS Grad (post test)
Morgan Stanley off-cycle (post test & weird workshop invite)
GS Grad
PWP Grad
Citi Off-cycle (post test passed email)
Evercore Grad
Barclays off-cycle (post video interview)
Harris Williams Grad

Thanks!

Post-test, I've also received an invite to the Morgan Stanley off-cycle IBD & GCM workshop.

Seems like everybody here is an undergrad. Any graduates applying to the off-cycle internships?
Hi guys im first year doing economics and finance what do you guys think about applying at the banks for a spring week course
Original post by Passion LF

If there's no FT or plans for FT hiring then why do those banks have FT postings?
Original post by bonjovi99
Hi guys im first year doing economics and finance what do you guys think about applying at the banks for a spring week course

Do you wanna work at a bank? Then yeah.. (wrong thread btw bro)
Original post by Fkohist
Post-test, I've also received an invite to the Morgan Stanley off-cycle IBD & GCM workshop.

Seems like everybody here is an undergrad. Any graduates applying to the off-cycle internships?

What's the workshop if you don't mind me asking?

Quick Reply

Latest