The Student Room Group

Why am I not drunk?

So, I've only ever drank a little alcohol before and this was my first time drinking a whole bottle. i wanted to get drunk as I wanted to forget my worries for a while, not knowing much about alcohol, I brought smirnoff Ice original [vodka mixed drink].
I've drank the whole bottle in about 20 minutes. Apart, from having a headache and a severe headache, I don't feel drunk at all considering I've never drank before. Why is this?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Should drink spirits in a short amount of time. You will get drunk. Though watch out for alcohol poisoning, don't overdo it.
This is actually really dangerous. Please take care.
that's impossible unless you weigh 150kg +
You are drunk. And I suggest you call an ambulance ASAP. There is a risk of alcohol overdose. Be careful
Correction: smirnoff ice is only like 4% alcohol. I was thinking of just smirnoff vodka. I wouldnt get drunk with that either, drink more :u:
Reply 5
That's not a very strong drink at 4.5%, don't be surprised that you don't feel a lot considering the bottles are 70cl so that's only 3 units.

Need more than that to get drunk :wink: (unless you're my friend who gets drunk on 2 ciders :facepalm2:)
Reply 6
Original post by TrotskyiteRebel
Correction: smirnoff ice is only like 4% alcohol. I was thinking of just smirnoff vodka. I wouldnt get drunk with that either, drink more :u:

It says Smirnoff Ice original - Vodka mixed drink.
What would you recommend?
Reply 7
Original post by iEthan
This is actually really dangerous. Please take care.

I feel perfectly fine though. Like I'm typing this now about 20 minutes after I've drank the whole bottle..
Reply 8
that's impossible unless you weigh 150kg +
You are drunk. And I suggest you call an ambulance ASAP. There is a risk of alcohol overdose. Be careful

I am 125lbs lmaoo. I don't feel drunk at all seriously.
Reply 9
As a rule-of-thumb: if you're sufficiently inebriated to think that "bottle" is somehow a quantifiable unit of measurement, then you've probably had enough.
Maybe you are drunk but you've never been drunk before so you don't know you're drunk and so you're typing all this while you're drunk but you don't know that and when you become sober you won't remember any of it.
Original post by Profesh
As a rule-of-thumb: if you're sufficiently inebriated to think that "bottle" is somehow a quantifiable unit of measurement, then you've probably had enough.

I don't really know much about alcohol so I don't know what a quantifiable unit of measurement is in regards to being drunk so I'm just letting people know I've drank a whole bottle.
Original post by Samii123
Maybe you are drunk but you've never been drunk before so you don't know you're drunk and so you're typing all this while you're drunk but you don't know that and when you become sober you won't remember any of it.

Hmm, something tells me I know and understand a little too much to be drunk. Apart from a slight dizzy feeling, I feel okay. I'm going to do my University work now so I highly doubt I am actually drunk.

I thought that if you haven't ever drank alcohol before, it doesn't take much..
Smirnoff Ice is basically lemonade. Buy some vodka and mix it with your beverage of choice :smile: Be sensible though, unlike me.
Original post by Anonymous
I thought that if you haven't ever drank alcohol before, it doesn't take much..

not always it depends on a lot of factors apart from that. But generally it's quite normal that you are not drunk after that smirnoff ice
Original post by Anonymous
It says Smirnoff Ice original - Vodka mixed drink.
What would you recommend?

just normal smirnoff vodka which is around 40% alcohol. Or whiskey. Or gin. These are hard spirits and will get you drunk after a bottle. If you want to get drunk with something like beer or wine you need to drink a larger volume. It's easy, just read the alcohol content of the bottle or just measure its strength by unit.
thats 4%. That's almost plain water you're drinking.

Buy something 40%+ and drink a mouthful. That'l make you feel good lol.
Maybe you've just got a tolerance
Original post by Aaron Bernbaum
Maybe you've just got a tolerance

Maybe, think I'm gonna go for the real stuff next time.

Latest

Trending

Trending