The Student Room Group

Is it worth apply to edinburgh for medicine

(edited 7 years ago)
Have you compared your profile against the entry requirements?
Reply 2
Original post by HT98
Hi guys, I was wondering if its worth applying to Edinburgh for medicine , as its a dream for me to study there. Any feedback would be much appreciated.
My stats are:
S4- 7As and a B
S5- 4As and a B
S6- 3As
UKCAT average- 690 and a band 1 in SJT
loads of work experience, currently doing gold d of e, loads of volunteering, first aider

The scoring document is posted on the Edinburgh thread, so you can work out how you score (bear in mind you probably need around 35-36/40 for an offer). Don't forget that every mark you drop in the academic scoring is effectively doubled as there are 2 assessors scoring you! This document is also last year's, and things may have changed for this year (though it has been similar for several years). The UKCAT octiles are also on there, so you can make a guess at your score for this, too (post #112)
Original post by HT98
Hi guys, I was wondering if its worth applying to Edinburgh for medicine , as its a dream for me to study there. Any feedback would be much appreciated.
My stats are:
S4- 7As and a B
S5- 4As and a B
S6- 3As
UKCAT average- 690 and a band 1 in SJT
loads of work experience, currently doing gold d of e, loads of volunteering, first aider

Your B at higher will put you at a slight disadvantage, but people can and have got offers with AAAAB so if you like the university, then definitely apply!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending