The Student Room Group

When is it too late for the no contact rule?

Scroll to see replies

If this is what you young people do to get a girl back then i weep for humanity.

If you want the girl then go get her.

All the time that your sat here doing something out of womens magazine, her single and loose friends are encouraging her to go out with them. Women today don't sit around pining.

Actually, why'd she dump you?
Reply 81
Original post by Rakas21
If this is what you young people do to get a girl back then i weep for humanity.

If you want the girl then go get her.

All the time that your sat here doing something out of womens magazine, her single and loose friends are encouraging her to go out with them. Women today don't sit around pining.

Actually, why'd she dump you?

It's brutal but just read some of the earlier posts on here, not a single person has tried it and said it hasn't worked. Besides I owe her nothing why should I grovel over her?

Also it was over jealously to cut a long story short.
Reply 82
Original post by ANM775
learn the lyrics to this song off by heart and sing it to her

works every time.

Love it hahahaha
Reply 83
QUESTION: Should I do a 30 day no contact period or a 21 day one? I'm feeling a bit better now, and according to her social media she's been sad lately (although I'm not saying this is related to me pushing her away, for all I know her Gradma has died.)

It's chill if she's dating casually, I am too and that's the sort of thing I want when I re-initiate contact. Just casual pulling.

BUT she's a serial monogamist and I worry that if I leave it too late she'll get a serious bf, so would 21 days be better?

Cheers
Original post by Lockra
QUESTION: Should I do a 30 day no contact period or a 21 day one? I'm feeling a bit better now, and according to her social media she's been sad lately (although I'm not saying this is related to me pushing her away, for all I know her Gradma has died.)

It's chill if she's dating casually, I am too and that's the sort of thing I want when I re-initiate contact. Just casual pulling.

BUT she's a serial monogamist and I worry that if I leave it too late she'll get a serious bf, so would 21 days be better?

Cheers

This sort of tactical approach is not going to work. 30 days or 21 days is not going to make a difference.

What will make a difference is if you are able to kind of psychologically move on, to a point where you're not as invested any more. Trust me this makes a huge difference. If you're standing tall in life, you can still be open to her but not pining for her or obsessing over tactics of getting her back, you are going to be far more attractive.

I fear that the fact you are thinking about things like 21 day or 30 day no contact rule means you haven't moved on, you are still desperate for her, and you are going to bungle any attempt to get back with her, you will just delay the attempt. Chill out and work on yourself and improving your own life and you may be surprised what the world brings.
Reply 85
Original post by MagicNMedicine
This sort of tactical approach is not going to work. 30 days or 21 days is not going to make a difference.

What will make a difference is if you are able to kind of psychologically move on, to a point where you're not as invested any more. Trust me this makes a huge difference. If you're standing tall in life, you can still be open to her but not pining for her or obsessing over tactics of getting her back, you are going to be far more attractive.

I fear that the fact you are thinking about things like 21 day or 30 day no contact rule means you haven't moved on, you are still desperate for her, and you are going to bungle any attempt to get back with her, you will just delay the attempt. Chill out and work on yourself and improving your own life and you may be surprised what the world brings.

Insightful comment that reflects the worldview I'm slowly moving towards. Okay, maybe I should drop the 21-30 day thing and just chill and work on myself until that time comes. I'm still only on day 10 going on 11 so I suppose it's an issue for a later date. Thanks for that, please keep checking back here because you seem to seriously know that you're talking about :smile:
Reply 86
Still though, if she gets a boyfriend between that 9 day gap imagine how much I'd kick myself? I'd hate it, and she's had so many of them and they usually last for months. I could be walking myself off a cliff here?
Original post by Lockra
Insightful comment that reflects the worldview I'm slowly moving towards. Okay, maybe I should drop the 21-30 day thing and just chill and work on myself until that time comes. I'm still only on day 10 going on 11 so I suppose it's an issue for a later date. Thanks for that, please keep checking back here because you seem to seriously know that you're talking about :smile:

Good man I like the way you are thinking. It's important to remember you aren't a loser for thinking the way you are or trying to devise plans/strategies to get a girl back. It's natural and we all have been there at some point. And it can happen - although you just have to accept many aspects are out of your control.

You just need to take a bigger picture view: by working on yourself and improving yourself and your life, good things will happen, and the chances are much better than by trying an obsessive single strategy on one ex partner.

But if it helps to keep that partner in mind as a goal to get back, that's ok too, if it motivates you. She might be the one that drives you to make yourself better, out of hoping to get her back, but you also might well find someone else as a by product of it, and there are a lot of amazing girls in the world.
Reply 88
Good man I like the way you are thinking. It's important to remember you aren't a loser for thinking the way you are or trying to devise plans/strategies to get a girl back. It's natural and we all have been there at some point. And it can happen - although you just have to accept many aspects are out of your control.

You just need to take a bigger picture view: by working on yourself and improving yourself and your life, good things will happen, and the chances are much better than by trying an obsessive single strategy on one ex partner.

But if it helps to keep that partner in mind as a goal to get back, that's ok too, if it motivates you. She might be the one that drives you to make yourself better, out of hoping to get her back, but you also might well find someone else as a by product of it, and there are a lot of amazing girls in the world.

I suppose if she moves on that's out my hands but because I told her not to message me, and didn't tell her I'm planning to come back, she could do and I feel like cutting no contact a bit could help me. Should I just not do that and accept her relationship status when I re-establish contact?
Original post by Lockra
I suppose if she moves on that's out my hands but because I told her not to message me, and didn't tell her I'm planning to come back, she could do and I feel like cutting no contact a bit could help me. Should I just not do that and accept her relationship status when I re-establish contact?

Why did you break up?

If you want her back then i'd be pretty forward about it. The opportune moment is now.
Reply 90
Original post by Rakas21
Why did you break up?

If you want her back then i'd be pretty forward about it. The opportune moment is now.

Jealousy. I was fairly forward about it and honestly that was a god awful idea in practice.I'm now doing no contact period now because I basically got friendzoned. But I'm making the right moves now, so keep your fingers crossed for me.
Original post by Lockra
Still though, if she gets a boyfriend between that 9 day gap imagine how much I'd kick myself? I'd hate it, and she's had so many of them and they usually last for months. I could be walking myself off a cliff here?

Why would you kick yourself? What if she still dosent want you back even if she has no boyfriend you are clinging onto hope and you are going to be left hurt and disappointed if nothing happens between you both.
You said you have worked on your jealousy issues but even if you worked on them maybe that is something she can't get over how you were in the past she probably felt you were possessive and insecure and dosent want to get back with you but dosen't want you out her life completely.
Original post by Lockra

What about if you get another girlfriend during that 9 day gap?

If you think its inconceivable that you would get another girl in that time but a fair possibility that she would get another boyfriend then it's looking like she feels differently about the situation than you.
Original post by Lockra
Jealousy. I was fairly forward about it and honestly that was a god awful idea in practice.I'm now doing no contact period now because I basically got friendzoned. But I'm making the right moves now, so keep your fingers crossed for me.

The harsh reality is that it is completely over, if she wanted to get back together she would have said, I would move on and put this down to experience and learn from it.
Reply 94
Okay new question: is two months of being friends with an ex too long to ever get them back? Even if they were still slightly flirty with you?

Also day 12 and I've still not broke no contact :smile:
Reply 95
Original post by Rock Fan
The harsh reality is that it is completely over, if she wanted to get back together she would have said, I would move on and put this down to experience and learn from it.

As someone pointed out earlier, couples get back together all the time. This is a short-sighted comment.
Reply 96
What about if you get another girlfriend during that 9 day gap?

If you think its inconceivable that you would get another girl in that time but a fair possibility that she would get another boyfriend then it's looking like she feels differently about the situation than you.

She won't get a new lad, I've chilled about that now.
Reply 97
Original post by chikane
Why would you kick yourself? What if she still dosent want you back even if she has no boyfriend you are clinging onto hope and you are going to be left hurt and disappointed if nothing happens between you both.
You said you have worked on your jealousy issues but even if you worked on them maybe that is something she can't get over how you were in the past she probably felt you were possessive and insecure and dosent want to get back with you but dosen't want you out her life completely.

Well she's going to have to choose between being out my life completely or taking me back because if she doesn't take me back I'm going to ******* walk out her life forever. Simple.
Original post by Lockra
As someone pointed out earlier, couples get back together all the time. This is a short-sighted comment.

Yes some couples do get back together, but if she missed you that much and wanted to message you, surely she would have got in touch by now.
Reply 99
Original post by Rock Fan
Yes some couples do get back together, but if she missed you that much and wanted to message you, surely she would have got in touch by now.

She was messaging me all the time, but then I told her not to pop up to me anymore. I was very concrete about it as as far as she knows I'm never coming back. Hopefully in 18 days she'll be in for a happy surprise.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending