The Student Room Group

GUYS!!!!! Do you honestly think this guy likes me?

Basically I've spoken to that guy from uni twice and I have a massive crush on him now. He came up to me himself and began asking questions like what I study and stuff about academics. Then he asked me if I had any mates, I said "not apart from this weird guy". He laughed and then asked me if I was into weird guys and I laughed and said no.

Then, when we were doing the lab work he sat next to me and we had quite a laugh. I did notice his leg touching mine about 2/3 times and he was making like proper intense eye contact each time we spoke. This was a week ago, and I said bye without taking his name or number.

Saw him again today and this time he was with a gang of mates. He said Hi and asked me if I was okay and then continued talking to his friends and went away without saying anything. I WAS REALLY hoping I could talk to him again and was so excited to...

Am I overthinking this and is it just confirmation bias because I like him?
Reply 1
Please don't make this not anon...
Sounds like the first year of university has just began for you. He might like you, or he might be just playing around with many people like this - never exaggerate these things in your head and do not get too emotionally invested into anything just by these small indications, just keep it cool and talk to him.
I don't think he does, he might just be acting friendly. Sorry.
Reply 4
You've spoken to him twice and have a massive crush. :redface:
Reply 5
Original post by Dilzo999
I don't think he does, he might just be acting friendly. Sorry.

Well I appreciate the honesty
Reply 6
Original post by stefano865
You've spoken to him twice and have a massive crush. :redface:

He's totally my type and u can't help it :redface:
Reply 7
Original post by HANNAHBENLOLO
Sounds like the first year of university has just began for you. He might like you, or he might be just playing around with many people like this - never exaggerate these things in your head and do not get too emotionally invested into anything just by these small indications, just keep it cool and talk to him.

Ur right about not getting too emotionally invested, thanks
Original post by Anonymous
Basically I've spoken to that guy from uni twice and I have a massive crush on him now. He came up to me himself and began asking questions like what I study and stuff about academics. Then he asked me if I had any mates, I said "not apart from this weird guy". He laughed and then asked me if I was into weird guys and I laughed and said no.

Then, when we were doing the lab work he sat next to me and we had quite a laugh. I did notice his leg touching mine about 2/3 times and he was making like proper intense eye contact each time we spoke. This was a week ago, and I said bye without taking his name or number.

Saw him again today and this time he was with a gang of mates. He said Hi and asked me if I was okay and then continued talking to his friends and went away without saying anything. I WAS REALLY hoping I could talk to him again and was so excited to...

Am I overthinking this and is it just confirmation bias because I like him?

I think rather than overthinking it, wait until the next time you see him. If he says hello, get his number and make a joke like 'need fewer weird guys on whatsapp' just to make it out like its not a big deal (which it isn't btw as you're at uni). Speak via whatsapp and then see where it goes. Maybe grab a drink or coffee or whatever.

You have 3 more years - don't worry. You'll likely have many crushes in that time if this doesn't work out. If it does work out, then great but talk to him first via whatsapp and in person. Crushes are one thing but he could actually not be your thing once you get to know him (and likewise for him re yourself) so don't stress.

Good luck!
Reply 9
hahahahaha
Original post by Scott.
hahahahaha

mate we're the only two normal people awake

or maybe I'll suspend my use of the word "normal"

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending