The Student Room Group

Barclays 2017 Graduate Programme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Saskia1694
Just did Barclays insight 2. Found it really tough, not what I was expecting... Oh well

What does it consist of? What do they ask you? Is it like a video interview where they ask competency based questions? Or is it more like situational judgement type questions? *
Reply 81
Original post by alisha40
Still nothing?

Nothing at all. I applied to off-cycle internship btw.
Reply 82
Hi, hope you do well on your insight 2 stage. Could you tell me a little about how to prepare for this assessment? what's the format and sample questions? I am quite nervous about it and really thanks for your reply! :smile:
Reply 83
Original post by 123engineer
I just got invited to do the online interview after completing the business insight test 1. Email is below. Is this similar to business insight test 2?

does anyone have any specifics like what they would ask you for the recorded interview? Why Barclays? or something similar?
I am pleased to inform you that following your application for 2017 Corporate Banking Graduate - ********, we would like to find out more about you, what motivates you and how you align to the Barclays Values and Capabilities. To do this, we would like you to complete an online interview. Please ensure you take the interview in a quiet place where you can focus on the questions without interruption. To access the interview, please click on the following link and input the same log-in details you used when you first applied to Barclays. As a reminder your username is: *******

Hi, hope you do well on your insight 2 stage. Could you tell me a little about how to prepare for this assessment? what's the format and sample questions? I am quite nervous about it and really thanks for your reply!
Original post by sara333
Hi, hope you do well on your insight 2 stage. Could you tell me a little about how to prepare for this assessment? what's the format and sample questions? I am quite nervous about it and really thanks for your reply!

I still havnt done it yet sorry!
Reply 85
Original post by Turing
Insight 1 is untimed and focuses on situational judgement and numerical questions.

Insight 2 has two parts. The first part is similar to Insight 1 but is instead timed. The second part requires you to record video responses to situational questions.

Hi, hope you do well on your business insight stage 2! Could you please tell me what kind of question will be asked in the recording part? is it like self introduction or competency based question to show our own experience? or like sjt questions? thanks for sharing!
Reply 86
Original post by sara333
Hi, hope you do well on your business insight stage 2! Could you please tell me what kind of question will be asked in the recording part? is it like self introduction or competency based question to show our own experience? or like sjt questions? thanks for sharing!

Mainly SJT. Is anyone through to telephone interview yet?
Reply 87
Original post by dd55trep
Mainly SJT. Is anyone through to telephone interview yet?

Yes, for Trading/Structuring.
Reply 88
Original post by Turing
Yes, for Trading/Structuring.

Do you have any idea what type of questions they ask?
Reply 89
Anyone know what is the recruitment team's email for Barclays?
Reply 90
Has anyone heard back after Business Insight 2?
Has anyone heard back after Business Insight 2?

No not yet. You?
Reply 92
Original post by Saskia1694
No not yet. You?

Nothing. Hoping that something comes through this week even if its a rejection. :ashamed2:
Reply 93
Turns out that after the video interview its straight to AC - at least for internships
Reply 94
Hope you get through. :smile:
Original post by LMAX
Turns out that after the video interview its straight to AC - at least for internships
Reply 95
Original post by KTS89
Anyone know what is the recruitment team's email for Barclays?

anyone?
Reply 96
Hope you get through. :smile:

Thanks !! :biggrin:DD
I completed business insight stage 1, 9 days ago and I got my feedback report emailed to me 7 days ago but have not gotten any telling me whether I am through to the next round I also haven't gotten any email inviting me to complete business insight assessment stage 2. Yet some people here have been invited to business stage insight assessment 2

I am wondering whether this means I am not through to business insight assessment stage 2 and they just haven't told me this/ haven't sent a rejection email

The feedback report email said
"Thanks for completing the Business Insight assessment as part of the Barclays recruitment process. Regardless of whether you are successful in the recruitment process, we would like to take the opportunity to give you developmental feedback on your performance. Please see attached your candidate development report, with practical development suggestions on your results."

So the fact that it says "regardless of whether you are successful in the the recruitment process", I'm wondering whether this means that I'm not through to the next round but they are sending me my business insight assessment stage 1 feedback report because they are obliged to do so.

What does anyone here think regarding this?

Do you think this could be the case?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by midnight999
I completed business insight stage 1, 9 days ago and I got my feedback report emailed to me 7 days ago but have not gotten any telling me whether I am through to the next round I also haven't gotten any email inviting me to complete business insight assessment stage 2. Yet some people here have been invited to business stage insight assessment 2

I am wondering whether this means I am not through to business insight assessment stage 2 and they just haven't told me this/ haven't sent a rejection email

The feedback report email said
"Thanks for completing the Business Insight assessment as part of the Barclays recruitment process. Regardless of whether you are successful in the recruitment process, we would like to take the opportunity to give you developmental feedback on your performance. Please see attached your candidate development report, with practical development suggestions on your results."

So the fact that it says "regardless of whether you are successful in the the recruitment process", I'm wondering whether this means that I'm not through to the next round but they are sending me my business insight assessment stage 1 feedback report because they are obliged to do so.

What does anyone here think regarding this?

Do you think this could be the case?

Check the above posts, some users and I also had a similar situation and we got insight stage 2 a week or two after we got the feedback report. Might be something with their system - not as automatic as we think.
Original post by LMAX

no its not. I got a tel interview

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending