The Student Room Group

What would your dream university be like?

When I went to uni, the main draw was "anything London" and the subject I was going on to study was a nice extra.

Now I look back, I think I would have loved to have studied at a campus uni, with a MASSIVE SU (ours was tiny). I couldn't have done without the central London location though - shops, clubs, fun things to do etc.:dancing:

So that's what I would have wanted - a central London (and I mean central), campus uni. And as for the subject...if I could go back I would study something to do with history or animals (with lots of placements at cool places like...London Zoo). :daydreaming::daydreaming::daydreaming:

If you're at uni...or just now applying to go, what would your dream uni be like?
:party:
It would be like London Met.
If the uni actually had a tesco or an aldi on campus. And where arts n humanties students get proper funded and we get more money to spend on books!
UCL was an amazing experience and location. Maybe just a bit less competitive. Everyone was trying to one up the next person.

Oh and no tuition fees.
Original post by The Empire Odyssey
If the uni actually had a tesco or an aldi on campus. And where arts n humanties students get proper funded and we get more money to spend on books!

I did drama at uni and our theatre wasn't finished so it would have been great if we'd had the funding in place to have a theatre space to use so I hear you!
Original post by Noodlzzz
UCL was an amazing experience and location. Maybe just a bit less competitive. Everyone was trying to one up the next person.

Oh and no tuition fees.

I don't think students should have to pay such hefty fees either. I bang on about it a lot but that's what I believe!

In terms of competition between students...well we didn't have that on my course so I couldn't say. I think a little bit of competition can be fun but it shouldn't be the norm. I much prefer supportive and inclusive attitudes :smile:
Reply 6
Free beer, edible food and somewhere with good student nightlife.
Original post by UWS
Free beer, edible food and somewhere with good student nightlife.

Free beer? In lectures? In the SU? With an NUS card?

I'm intrigued.........how would this work?

And how can we make this happen for everyone?
Reply 8
Original post by Alisaurus Cats
Free beer? In lectures? In the SU? With an NUS card?

I'm intrigued.........how would this work?

And how can we make this happen for everyone?

Not regularly, but lets say on certain nights like have a special free beer event :biggrin: That's the dream university, though it'll probably never happen :moon:
They should have a puppy room to go to during exam season and food that isn't a complete rip off.
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
They should have a puppy room to go to during exam season and food that isn't a complete rip off.

YES TO THIS.

And a kitten room.
Original post by UWS
Not regularly, but lets say on certain nights like have a special free beer event :biggrin: That's the dream university, though it'll probably never happen :moon:

These things can occasionally happen...my friend owns a (small) bar and a brewery approached him saying they wanted to draw in more customers, so would give him enough beer for an evening of free drinks (and everyone who went got free beer)...all he had to do was serve that beer for an evening :biggrin:
Cleopatra - such a strong woman and badass bangs.

She had so much sass :adore:
My dream university would look like Hogwarts, school of witchcraft and wizardry, but to be realistic it would either be oxford, Cambridge, Nottingham, or Manchester.
Original post by Alisaurus Cats
When I went to uni, the main draw was "anything London" and the subject I was going on to study was a nice extra.

Now I look back, I think I would have loved to have studied at a campus uni, with a MASSIVE SU (ours was tiny). I couldn't have done without the central London location though - shops, clubs, fun things to do etc.:dancing:

So that's what I would have wanted - a central London (and I mean central), campus uni. And as for the subject...if I could go back I would study something to do with history or animals (with lots of placements at cool places like...London Zoo). :daydreaming::daydreaming::daydreaming:

If you're at uni...or just now applying to go, what would your dream uni be like?
:party:

-Ideally in Scotland or on the Isle of Skye
-Loads of Oxbridge-esque gothic architecture for me to drool over
-Near areas of high fossil density so I could form and lead my own geology expeditions and tear the earth open
-Ideally there would be an organ so I could take organ lessons
-Like you, a big SU so I can get involved with various sports such as martial arts
-Nearby opportunities for sports like hang gliding (if I had the money)

Quick Reply

Latest