The Student Room Group

When will men ever stop being effeminate again? Do you realise it isn't attractive

(Please if you could make me anonymous as I do not want to be seen as provocative - this is a serious thread)

I am just wondering when will the traditional masculinity be back in fashion? Yes I realise metrosexual age is gone and that we had that brief (odd) period of 'lumbersexualism' (up to late 2014), but it was not the classical masculinity, but rather a reflection of its crisis.

Could someone enlighten me when will men like David Hasselhoff, Jeff Goldblum, Michael Douglas or Bastian Schweinsteiger be back in fashion?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
(Please if you could make me anonymous as I do not want to be seen as provocative - this is a serious thread)

I am just wondering when will the traditional masculinity be back in fashion? Yes I realise metrosexual age is gone and that we had that brief (odd) period of 'lumbersexualism' (up to late 2014), but it was not the classical masculinity, but rather a reflection of its crisis.

Could someone enlighten me when will men like David Hasselhoff, Jeff Goldblum, Michael Douglas or Bastian Schweinsteiger be back in fashion?

Every person likes what they like lol. It's not about being trendy lol

Read about the meaning of the word "macaroni" in the eighteenth century and stop worrying. Things have been worse and it will pass.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macaroni_(fashion)
Hard times make strong men, strong men make good times, good times make soft men and soft men make hard times.
Lol, who cares? Plus, David Hasselhoff ain't s***.
If you find such men attractive but most people don't, you should have easy pickings.
Is the OP male or female?
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994
Lol, who cares? Plus, David Hasselhoff ain't s***.

And Schweinsteiger looks like a nazi :rofl:
Do you realise it isn't attractive

That's a matter of opinion. :noway:
I don't think my boyfriend could be super macho masculine even if he tried. But that's okay. He's manly where and when it counts.
Reply 11

Couldn't have picked more 'masculine' men lol
Reply 12
Wtf is "lumbersexualism"?! When was "the metrosexual age"?!

Whilst there is a certain level of effeminacy in some male fashion, and some clear masculinity crisis in "lad culture" etc, masculinity itself is not and is still there to be found if you are looking for it, but then again it would depend entirely on how you would define it yourself. Most peoples interpretation of masculinity is incorrect.

The phrase "in fashion" is ridiculous. In Fashion exists to keep the gullible many reaching into their wallets and means nothing.
Why do I have the feeling the OP is a heterosexual male.
Well...none of those dudes you listed are attractive.
That's a moot point.

Hopefully never... LOL
Sorry, you started off this post by saying it was serious and then used David Hasselhoff as an example...

Really...?
Original post by Rhaenys10
And Schweinsteiger looks like a nazi :rofl:

He does lol. :colone:
I don't even...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending