The Student Room Group

Any good youtube videos for OCR A Chemistry?

i was wondering if anyone knew any youtubers or video sites that makes good videos for alevel chemistry because im struggling to find some.

Thank you x
This isn't a youtube video but chemguide is really good :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Depends what you need help with. Some sites provide excellent videos for some topics and poor videos for other topics, If you narrow it down for me i could help you find what you need !
Reply 3
Original post by DamnDaniel2
This isn't a youtube video but chemguide is really good :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ooh thank you, reminds me of bbc bitesize :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Matt_Kemp
Depends what you need help with. Some sites provide excellent videos for some topics and poor videos for other topics, If you narrow it down for me i could help you find what you need !

i mean at the moment, i am doing AS, first year so videos on those topics would be helpful. Its mainly the mathematical side i have issues with like:

Moles
Titration
Oxidation Numbers
Periodicity
Original post by Appazap
i mean at the moment, i am doing AS, first year so videos on those topics would be helpful. Its mainly the mathematical side i have issues with like:

Moles
Titration
Oxidation Numbers
Periodicity

I wouldn't reccomend for A2 stuff, but he's great for AS.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPtWS4fCi25YHw5SPGdPz0g
Original post by Appazap

Moles
Titration
Oxidation Numbers
Periodicity

I will look into the videos for you, but in the meantime, i'm currently in my 3rd year of my chemistry degree, so if you need any help in these subjects im happy to help you, just shoot me a pm. You will find all those topics hard now but a couple of months down the line they will be easy haha.
Reply 7
I will look into the videos for you, but in the meantime, i'm currently in my 3rd year of my chemistry degree, so if you need any help in these subjects im happy to help you, just shoot me a pm. You will find all those topics hard now but a couple of months down the line they will be easy haha.

Thank you for the encouragement, im hoping for an A/A* as i really enjoy it . I was wondering how is chemistry at degree level and what are you hoping to do after your degree?
Original post by Appazap
Thank you for the encouragement, im hoping for an A/A* as i really enjoy it . I was wondering how is chemistry at degree level and what are you hoping to do after your degree?

Chemistry at degree level is quite enjoyable if you find chemistry interesting. It starts to go more in depth in to the underlying knowledge of what they teach you at A-level (aka) Pretty much the stuff they teach you at A level is very very very very simplified. You can branch of into stuff you enjoy more. Im more of an physical chemist but that is just my preference !

I plan to finish my project this year, and then i plan on doing a masters in Nano chemistry research, after that i dont really know haha.
(edited 7 years ago)
I don't know if he has updated videos for the new spec but the old content is borderline identical just rearranged. This guys videos were really pretty useful
https://www.youtube.com/user/MaChemGuy/playlists
Original post by Appazap
i was wondering if anyone knew any youtubers or video sites that makes good videos for alevel chemistry because im struggling to find some.

Thank you x

check out a YT channel called machemguy.
also dont make the mistake of sticking to videos that only does your exam board. if you find a video that explains a topic which is part of your spec then i'd recommend watching it. science is science wherever you go.
with that in mind, i'd also strongly recommend checking out khan academy. michel van biezen yt channel also does some vids on chem so if they cater to your needs why not?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by VMD100
I don't know if he has updated videos for the new spec but the old content is borderline identical just rearranged. This guys videos were really pretty useful
https://www.youtube.com/user/MaChemGuy/playlists

Thank you very much :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by ChuckNorriss
check out a YT channel called machemguy.
also dont make the mistake of sticking to videos that only does your exam board. if you find a video that explains a topic which is part of your spec then i'd recommend watching it. science is science wherever you go.
with that in mind, i'd also strongly recommend checking out khan academy. michel van biezen yt channel also does some vids on chem so if they cater to your needs why not?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you for the help and you're right i will start looking for videos away from my exam board to try and get more material
Original post by Appazap

Thank you x

https://www.youtube.com/user/DrOrchard/videos :h:
Reply 14

thank you for more material :smile:

Hi
I hope you are well I am doing chemistry I don’t have a teacher please can you recommend me on how I should revise to get an A* I would be really nice of you.

thanks you take care.

Quick Reply

Latest