The Student Room Group

Reapplying to the same firm

Hi all,

I'm planning to reapply to firms that have rejected me in the past. Most of these firms recycle their questions, and I'm mostly concerned with the "Why law" question. Should I repeat the answer from the year before? Won't it be suspicious if a candidate's motivation change within a year?

Thanks
More importantly, why were you rejected from them in the first place? If the reasons for the rejection haven't fundamentally changed, then you're wasting your time reapplying to them.
Reply 2
Original post by Reality Check
More importantly, why were you rejected from them in the first place? If the reasons for the rejection haven't fundamentally changed, then you're wasting your time reapplying to them.

I was rejected right after the online application stage, and most firms don't give feedback at that point.
Soem firms have a policy on reapplications.

If you are going to use the same answers of an application that failed, then think whether you are doing yourself any favours. Its fine if its changed, but it should be credible. the reasons for rejection could be many things like academics as well as your answers or experience being poor. Identify where you think the issues are and improve them.
(edited 7 years ago)
Make sure you are not getting rejected just for your "academic criteria".

I mistakenly applied to firms which advertised AAA as a criteria more than on time!

If you are sure it's not the academic criteria, then I would suggest trying to improve your application as much as possible, and checking beforehand what is their policy on reapplying.
I applied to a MC firm, got rejected at application so applied the next year and got a TC offer
Original post by O'Doyle Rules
I applied to a MC firm, got rejected at application so applied the next year and got a TC offer

how much did your second application differ?

Also, did you have very strong academics to begin with?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending