The Student Room Group

Unpopular Opinions

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Foo.mp3
Literally no idea how to respond to this, it's been quite a number of years since I encountered such puerility. As no particular contention appears forthcoming we must assume you have none to state :dontknow:

We aim to please :chaplin:

Short, sharp, deflection doesn't change the sense in what I'm saying, unfortunately, again, it just makes you lookun willing to engage, in an adult/intellectually open way, with the meat of a debate that you yourself provoked :rolleyes:

I do? News to me pal!

There's really no need for anything beyond a masucline-feminine spectrum, it caters to virtually all normal gender identities. Particularly abnormal gender identities are both in a small minority and typically demonstrative of mental illness, and, as such I don't really see that they form a legitimate basis for this mass proliferation of alternative gender concepts in a mainstream setting (sure, re: obscure niches/cults, whatever floats your boat)

Religion is not directly comparable for a number of reasons e.g. relating to the above, it's not a singular spectrum, but a series of rather more binary/categorical doctrines of belief

Indeed so, and I'm certainly still on my journey in that respect, and may never have a firm sense for the extent to which spirits pervade our existence, if at all :iiam:

You do make me laugh. You actually think you're being an 'adult' here. I said about the Neomasculism saying one gender should do this, and another that, or was that too much for you to read? :h:

And, as I said to someone else, this thread was supposed to be lighthearted, not really that political,and you were going off on a tangent, love.

And, if you say so, since what you say is set in stone, I suppose. :wink:

Nah, it's just laughable really.
He's gonna report me next probably.:tongue:

And, I didn't get a visitor message. :angry:
Original post by Foo.mp3

We aim to please :chaplin:

I do? News to me pal!

There's really no need for anything beyond a masucline-feminine spectrum, it caters for virtually all normal gender identities. Particularly abnormal gender identities are both in a small minority and often demonstrative of mental illness, and, as such I don't really see that they form a legitimate basis for this mass proliferation of alternative gender concepts in a mainstream setting (sure, re: obscure niches/cults, whatever floats your boat)

Being a Narcissist isn't good, brah.

Also, it's hardly news to you, you genuinely do think you're too high up.

In bold. Didn't know you were a qualified psychiatrist. :tongue:
Original post by Lord Gaben
Coffee is better than Tea

I think so too. :smile:
He's had the majority of mine reported and deleted, but they're looking into it.
(edited 7 years ago)
Taxation is legalized theft.
Original post by Joel 96
Taxation is legalized theft.

:colonhash:
I hate peanut butter.
I also don't like hershey's chocolate syrup.

I don't really believe what a blue cloud says. :h:
Reply 291
True but its nice to watch them making themselve look like fools on tv
Original post by Foo.mp3
The neomasculinist doctrine was an exemplar thematic that alludes to my general contentions with relentless progressivism. It is not representative of my world-view per sae but, rather, indicative of a limited area of reasoning pertaining to it. Capeesh?

Spoiler

I'll take your word for it, love, but the point still stands :h:

Hurt feels :sad:

Sure, it's bad for your health, but does have its perks :smug:

I can assure you that I am well aware that I am scarcely above sea level :mmm:

Wasn't aware I'd made such a claim :tongue:

You said about the mental illness/gender thing?

How can you even say that when you're not qualified to diagnose anything?
Original post by Foo.mp3
Empirical observations re: self-declared individuals, or else demonstrably somewhat confused/unstable/tortured souls, with mental health issues. One doesn't have to be a qualified psychiatrist, or even a psychotherapist, to identify such trends

For example?
Original post by AfcFob
Tangled is my favourite Disney film! (And Big Hero 6 too since FOB did the theme song)

Huzzah! Big Hero 6 is my favourite too! xD
Original post by Foo.mp3
For example: emotional disturbance, self-harm, depressive disorders, OCD and anxiety, mood swings, perfectionism/fatalism, as well as PTSD e.g. associated with histories of abuse. In my experience, non-heterosexual/binary young people suffer disproportionately more with such demons

And, I assume you can prove this with a peer-reviewed study? :h:
Original post by kuro_kurotsubaki
Huzzah! Big Hero 6 is my favourite too! xD

YES!! I absolutely love it
Original post by Foo.mp3
Knock yourself out (unfortunately for you, whilst I am not a psychiatrist, I am a learned social scientist/health researcher) :doh:

Well, to be honest, if a whole group of people hated you for your sexuality, and kept calling you an 'abomination'-hardcore religious people in my family, brah-then tell me how you'd feel?

Plus, that still doesn't enable to you to make a diagnose of anything.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Foo.mp3
The psychosocial impact of discrimination/stigma-reflective self-hatred is indeed a factor. Doubt all that many literally "hate" homsexuals, themselves, these days, mind, homophobes typically have a problem more so with related acts (male buggery)*

Wasn't aware I'd make a particular diagnosis? :dontknow:

Hmmm, I'm guessing that's it's A-OK for heterosexuals in their opinion?

And, you insinuated that because you're a social scientist/health researcher, that you are quailified to give some kind of analysis on this topic, hence why you said 'unfortunately for you...' and don't say you weren't because you were.

Plus, can we cut out the pompous vocabulary out, it's a bit irritating to be honest and only re-enforces my earlier point of you having an elevated opinion of yourself, because you think for some reason I won't understand.
(edited 7 years ago)
Farage is love, Farage is life

Quick Reply

Latest