The Student Room Group

I'm a black, gay, ex-Muslim, bio undergrad, AMA.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Little Popcorns
ghetto lingo yo

yh fam what u sayin? you good yh? come round corner lemme chat to you.
Original post by Akamega
O.O ...
Reply 42
Original post by Little Popcorns
O.O ...

Oh, you're not that ghetto then...:colondollar:
Original post by Akamega
Oh, you're not that ghetto then...:colondollar:
No, family, darling
Rei or Asuka?
Reply 45
Original post by voxsecundus
Rei or Asuka?

Never watched Evangelion...I feel like im not a worthy anime fan.
Original post by john2054
sounds like an oxymoron click bait
actually it's ok to be gay and muslim, but you can't have same sex relationships,
Original post by BasharAssad
actually it's ok to be gay and muslim, but you can't have same sex relationships,

That sounds unfair and cruel. I think if the OP did some better research on the matter he'd realise he can have same sex relationships. There are gay muslims who get married too.
Original post by AMuslimGuy
That sounds unfair and cruel. I think if the OP did some better research on the matter he'd realise he can have same sex relationships. There are gay muslims who get married too.

Well if they are they would be commiting a huge sin according to islam tbh.
Original post by newusername96
Well if they are they would be commiting a huge sin according to islam tbh.

Nope. Its not a sin. And this is coming from a practicing muslim who has studied islam in depth. Your understanding is from the media hyped lunatic muslims who are clearly crackpots. You choose to accept what they have to say that is your prerogative but do know that you are wrong.
Nope. Its not a sin. And this is coming from a practicing muslim who has studied islam in depth. Your understanding is from the media hyped lunatic muslims who are clearly crackpots. You choose to accept what they have to say that is your prerogative but do know that you are wrong.
if he is in a gay relationship he is sinning ACCORDING TO ISLAM and of which 99.999% of all scholars are in agreement, regardless of 'sect', you can argue the opposite all day long if you want but show me proof!and btw I am not even religious in the slightest way so don't try labelling me as 'extreme' as I don't really give a damn if someone is gay, it's none of my business!
Reply 51
surely you can be who you are and still believe in God?
who would win a cage fight between Carol Vorderman and Kardashian ?
Original post by Akamega

How does a calculator work ?
Reply 54
What language(s) can you think in?

Mate, it's pretty straightforward that involving in homosexual acts is sinful. Look at the story of Lut (AS) for example. I'd like to hear what your research is into how you believe homosexual acts is permissible.
Tbh this is the first time I've ever heard of a homosexual somali. They're rarer than Charizard.
Original post by Rohan187
Mate, it's pretty straightforward that involving in homosexual acts is sinful. Look at the story of Lut (AS) for example. I'd like to hear what your research is into how you believe homosexual acts is permissible.

Salaam Rohan. Much respect for your advocacy of civil dialogue. It is a precondition of all advancement of knowledge in society.But in that spirit, I will try to show you how your interpretation of the story of Lut is mistaken, and that by promoting your view in an undifferentiated manner you are hurting a significant minority of mankind and making Islam seem cruel when it really is not.The sin of the people of Lut was "coming unto (grown) males (rijaal) in lust in place of women", or in another place it says "coming unto males (dhukran) and leaving aside the partners created for you". But for the ancient world, the meaning of "male" was more nuanced than our modern strictly anatomical definition.In ancient times, they recognised that certain persons of male sex were nonetheless physically unaroused by women, and unable to obtain erections with women or perform sexually with women, and for this reason, were not "male" in gender. Instead, they were defined as eunuchs, not males. Such persons are referred to in sura 24:31 even, as "not possessors of the skill of males", i.e. not experiencing arousal and sexual prowess with female partners.Consequently, they are not intended by the story of Lut. That story is about persons who sexually assault men who are "male" in the ancient sense, which they do in order to humiliate and disenfranchise them, or simply out of a lack of respect for them as men. It is about military and prison rape of men. It certainly has nothing to do with the sexual activities of gay men, who are innately insensitive to the attractions of women, and are therefore natural eunuchs, or khisyan in Arabic, and therefore are not "male" by the ancient definition of the term. And of course, sexual use of "males" obviously has nothing to do with sexual activities of women with other women.Gay men and women have been known to exist throughout human history, and their sex lives were never a problem, until certain people, who happened to be straight men, started misapplying religious scriptures to gay men, which were always before understood to apply only to abuse of non-gay men.And by now, so many innocent gay men and women, created that way by Allah (swt) the Knowing and Powerful, have been brutally mistreated and even killed on account of this ignorant or even malicious misinterpretation. Ultimately, the source of this misinterpretation is not any prophet, but the Greek philosopher Plato, who (in his dialogues on the Republic and on Laws) taught men to twist scriptures toward what he considered a morally superior direction. Religious leaders, even without knowing it anymore, are simply doing Plato's bidding, and inflicting injustice on some of Allah's favoured and blessed people.
(edited 7 years ago)
Salaam Rohan. Much respect for your advocacy of civil dialogue. It is a precondition of all advancement of knowledge in society.But in that spirit, I will try to show you how your interpretation of the story of Lut is mistaken, and that by promoting your view in an undifferentiated manner you are hurting a significant minority of mankind and making Islam seem cruel when it really is not.The sin of the people of Lut was "coming unto (grown) males (rijaal) in lust in place of women", or in another place it says "coming unto males (dhukran) and leaving aside the partners created for you". But for the ancient world, the meaning of "male" was more nuanced than our modern strictly anatomical definition.In ancient times, they recognised that certain persons of male sex were nonetheless physically unaroused by women, and unable to obtain erections with women or perform sexually with women, and for this reason, were not "male" in gender. Instead, they were defined as eunuchs, not males. Such persons are referred to in sura 24:31 even, as "not possessors of the skill of males", i.e. not experiencing arousal and sexual prowess with female partners.Consequently, they are not intended by the story of Lut. That story is about persons who sexually assault men who are "male" in the ancient sense, which they do in order to humiliate and disenfranchise them, or simply out of a lack of respect for them as men. It is about military and prison rape of men. It certainly has nothing to do with the sexual activities of gay men, who are innately insensitive to the attractions of women, and are therefore natural eunuchs, or khisyan in Arabic, and therefore are not "male" by the ancient definition of the term. And of course, sexual use of "males" obviously has nothing to do with sexual activities of women with other women.Gay men and women have been known to exist throughout human history, and their sex lives were never a problem, until certain people, who happened to be straight men, started misapplying religious scriptures to gay men, which were always before understood to apply only to abuse of non-gay men.And by now, so many innocent gay men and women, created that way by Allah (swt) the Knowing and Powerful, have been brutally mistreated and even killed on account of this ignorant or even malicious misinterpretation. Ultimately, the source of this misinterpretation is not any prophet, but the Greek philosopher Plato, who (in his dialogues on the Republic and on Laws) taught men to twist scriptures toward what he considered a morally superior direction. Religious leaders, even without knowing it anymore, are simply doing Plato's bidding, and inflicting injustice on some of Allah's favoured and blessed people.

I will take your view into consideration however I still am doubtful.
If one does not understand the Quran, it is said to look at the life and sayings of Prophet Muhammed (SAW) yes?

"Narrated AbuSa’id al-Khudri: The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: A man should not look at the private parts of another man, and a woman should not look at the private parts of another woman. A man should not lie with another man without wearing lower garment under one cover; and a woman should not be lie with another woman without wearing lower garment under one cover."
Sunan of Abu-Dawood Book 31 Hadith 4007 -

Clearly states that looking at the same gender genitalia is wrong, and involving in homosexual activities is wrong.

"Narrated Ibn Abbas: The Prophet (peace be upon him) cursed effeminate men (those men who are in the similitude (assume the manners of women) and those women who assume the manners of men, and he said, “Turn them out of your houses.” The Prophet (peace be upon him) turned out such-and-such man, and ‘Umar turned out such-and-such woman."
Sahih Al-Bukhari Book 72 Hadith 774

Why would God allow it then let his prophet curse those men and women (Although I do believe they are referring to Drag queens or any individual who mimics the opposite gender, but the point still stands, the Prophet (SAW) = The Walking Quran and he clearly does not advocate for homosexual activities).

"And [We had sent] Lot when he said to his people, "Do you commit such immorality as no one has preceded you with from among the worlds?
Indeed, you approach men with desire, instead of women. Rather, you are a transgressing people." - [7:80-82]

Regardless on your interpretation of the story of Lut (AS), his people involved in homosexual activties and approached men with desire so it's pretty clear here. As for the verse you referred to :

"And tell the believing women to reduce [some] of their vision and guard their private parts and not expose their adornment except that which [necessarily] appears thereof and to wrap [a portion of] their headcovers over their chests and not expose their adornment except to their husbands, their fathers, their husbands' fathers, their sons, their husbands' sons, their brothers, their brothers' sons, their sisters' sons, their women, that which their right hands possess, or those male attendants having no physical desire, or children who are not yet aware of the private aspects of women. And let them not stamp their feet to make known what they conceal of their adornment. And turn to Allah in repentance, all of you, O believers, that you might succeed." - It may refer to people born without the physical desire towards women yes, could be gays, could be eunuchs, however it still isn't enough. I'd like to point out it still refers to them as men, so this statement on how the view of men has changed drastically is somewhat irrelevant to me. It's straightforward. Certain male attendants or "male slaves/servants" who are free from physical desire, that statement does not dismiss those men from being men solely because they are free from physical desire. Doesn't mean they are free from loving a woman or being attracted to a woman I believe it focuses on the actual physical sexual desire that they are free of. I think those words are referring to eunuchs since it fits the description clearly. But I'm getting off topic I think.

The story of Lut (AS) was not only about sexual assaults, it's often referred that they "practised" sodomy or a perversion, not described as only sexual assault or forcing oneself upon another. Even the Quran refers to them "Approaching men with desire" - Sodomy was a wide practice throughout the city, practised without shame so it's clear enough that they've done this willingly (Read the story of Lut (AS) again, all I've found always refer to the people of Lut (AS) as willing participants of a perversion/Sodomy)
It's clear enough by the words of the Prophet (SAW), and the Quran is clear with this issue that the people of Lut (AS) participated in sodomy and sodomy is seen as act of immorality and ignorance and they are seen as transgressors. Being gay, that's something I don't understand and it's beyond my knowledge why God created people with homosexual tendencies and the OP obviously didn't like the idea of Islam and left which is 100% okay but you and people like you who try and find a way to make unlawful things lawful within the religion is wrong. Your statement on how gay behaviour or gay people themselves were never a problem until the straight men came along and manipulated religion just to ruin their lives sounds exactly like those insane Black supremacists who blame all the bad that has happened to them on the "White" man, it isn't a strong statement I'm afraid, man. (Apologies for the insane comparison but your statement is pretty out there for me )
Why do you refer to Gays as natural eunuchs? A eunuch by definition is a man who has been castrated. typically at a young age, men who are impotent or celibate. I guess these can be gay people but generally it can be any man who falls under those categories.
If i've missed something in your statement above, forgive me, I'm a bit groggy right now but if you truly consider yourself to be a follower of God, then I hope you either find better evidence for your claim (Hadith, more verses from the quran, etcs) if you want to prove it's lawful to commit these acts, or research the islamic texts properly because this is new to me
(edited 7 years ago)
The only thing that would have made this perfect is "ex-Muslim, now Jew".

Quick Reply

Latest