The Student Room Group

RAF interview

Really need help! Final interview in 2 days and need to know what they ask. Help!
Mostly exactly the same as the initial interview. Read more here - https://ryan9900.wordpress.com/final-interview/

Hope it helps!
Reply 2
Mine was a very much shorter version of my initial interview, seemed a lot more like a formality than anything else from my experience with the usual scripted questions about drug use and your opinion of taking life/being deployed in a conflict zone, don't worry too much about it although I have read that in circumstances it has been a pass/fail scenario (although I don't see how unless you said/did something completely inappropriate).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Wibi2006
Mine was a very much shorter version of my initial interview, seemed a lot more like a formality than anything else from my experience with the usual scripted questions about drug use and your opinion of taking life/being deployed in a conflict zone, don't worry too much about it although I have read that in circumstances it has been a pass/fail scenario (although I don't see how unless you said/did something completely inappropriate).

Posted from TSR Mobile

There was a guy who failed it when I went for mine. It's absolutely possible to fail.

Some people prepare for exams and interviews by memorising a huge amount of information in a very short space of time. They then regurgitate this information which on the face of it, is very impressive. Once the interview is over, they then forget most, if not all of it.

The final interview is designed to catch out the people who used that method for the filter interview. They actually want to see you have sound knowledge. Big world/RAF events may have occurred n the time between filter and final, so that may be something they'd expect a candidate to mention to. It's primarily to make sure your knowledge is indeed knowledge, and not just a wikipedia page memorised from the night before.
Reply 4
Thanks!
Reply 5
Original post by Dylan_123
Thanks!

I see in a separate forum that you completed and passed the final interview. Congratulations.

Now, are you able to give insight to what they ask in the final interview?
Reply 6
Original post by TifSade
I see in a separate forum that you completed and passed the final interview. Congratulations.

Now, are you able to give insight to what they ask in the final interview?

Read 2 posts above yours, it gives you the answers...
Reply 7
Original post by Drewski
Read 2 posts above yours, it givesn you the answers...

Did read that, but was looking for more of the kind of question, but seeing your reply I guess they are just going to be very similar, if not the same as the filter interview.

Thanks for your reply though!
Reply 8
A lot easier than the filter interview, only asked about current operations, they asked how long brtc is and trade training is, and the the over sea bases and 3 bases in the U.K.
Reply 9
Original post by Dylan_123
A lot easier than the filter interview, only asked about current operations, they asked how long brtc is and trade training is, and the the over sea bases and 3 bases in the U.K.

Thank you for the info. Just want to prepare as much as possible!

Quick Reply