The Student Room Group

Economics Applicants 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by smiley444
I applied to ucl a couple of weeks ago and just received an email asking for my as maths module grades. Has anyone got this yet?

I got this last year if that's any use, it's normal
Original post by ElGenioEstúpido
For the Economics Bsc?

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah that's the one
yeah that's the one

Do you just enter UMS for as maths?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got an offer from Bristol straight economics in a day just waiting for them to reply to my economics and finance
Original post by JMEisjames
Got an offer from Bristol straight economics in a day just waiting for them to reply to my economics and finance

What subjects do you do?
I applied to ucl a couple of weeks ago and just received an email asking for my as maths module grades. Has anyone got this yet?

Yeah, I got the same email. Do I fill in the grades, cause I already filled them on UCAS
Original post by ElGenioEstúpido
Do you just enter UMS for as maths?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you fill the form in or ignore it, because I already entered my module grades on UCAS
Original post by MajorFader
What subjects do you do?

Maths, Geography and Economics
Hello, I'm interested in views on the differences between Bath and Leeds for Economics. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Student1670
Hello, I'm interested in views on the differences between Bath and Leeds for Economics. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Bath says its a Bsc but i found there are more BA relates modules- its really wierd
i just got an email from Nottingham saying I cant do the econometric modules i want to take because i dont have IB higher maths BUT THEY DONT EXPLICITLY STATE IT.

lulling SL maths students into a false state of security...

dont take the IB kids.
Original post by JMEisjames

Nice one! What were your AS, GCSE and predicted grades?
Posted on the fastest offers thread but I received my offer from Bath on Wednesday after applying last Tuesday. Very chuffed since Bath is my second favourite after Cambridge. Good luck to everyone else and well done to anyone already with offers!
Original post by domaths
Posted on the fastest offers thread but I received my offer from Bath on Wednesday after applying last Tuesday. Very chuffed since Bath is my second favourite after Cambridge. Good luck to everyone else and well done to anyone already with offers!

Congratulations! Same question what were your GCSEs, AS and predicted grades?
Original post by Ferrari fan
Congratulations! Same question what were your GCSEs, AS and predicted grades?

Thank you! Posted them earlier here

Original post by domaths
Might as well fill out my stats...

GCSEs: 9A*s, 4As, 1B
A Levels: Maths, Further Maths, Economics, Computing
Respectively achieved A*, predicted A*, A*, A
(My school does A Level maths in Y12 hence already have A* with 99% UMS)

Also did AEA maths this year and got a distinction, I was thinking of applying for economics and maths but now think straight economics is mathsy enough lol

My school didn't do reformed AS exams so only exams I did in Y12 were for maths and Pre-U Global Perspectives which I got an M1 in (equiv to B) (it's basically a mixture of EPQ, Critical thinking and general studies hence most my choices don't care, but it does lower Bath's offer from A*AA to AAA).

Applied on 27th September to: Cambridge, Bath, UCL (with year abroad), Warwick
Waiting to add last choice on track between LSE, Bristol and Exeter (leaning towards Bristol at the moment) but waiting for first offer/rejection to make my mind up - hope it is soon because I'm v impatient lol
Original post by Ferrari fan
Nice one! What were your AS, GCSE and predicted grades?

My GCSE's were 1A* 4A 5Bs
My AS grades were Maths: A Geography: A Economics: A Philosophy and Ethics: B
I carried on my 3 highest grades and have the prediction of AAA
Does anyone know what the entry requirements are for kcl? I can't find it anywhere on the website

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hanaan999
Does anyone know what the entry requirements are for kcl? I can't find it anywhere on the website

Posted from TSR Mobile

A*AA with at least an A in Maths

Posted from TSR Mobile
Need to send off my application and have 3 choices for sure, but I'm still not sure which 2 of bath, bristol and kcl should be my 4th and 5th :/
Original post by ♥Samantha♥
Need to send off my application and have 3 choices for sure, but I'm still not sure which 2 of bath, bristol and kcl should be my 4th and 5th :/

Have you considered sending off with less than 5 choices? I sent off with 4 and waited for my first offer to make my final decision

Quick Reply