The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Fantasy NFL Thread 2016/17

Scroll to see replies

I suck.
Reply 241
Thanks whoever stole my handcuff for Jeremy Langford on waivers, hate you, bye. The curse of being good at fantasy means that my team can only get worse.
Original post by Wattsy
Thanks whoever stole my handcuff for Jeremy Langford on waivers, hate you, bye. The curse of being good at fantasy means that my team can only get worse.

Wanna trade for him?
Original post by Wattsy

Howard was never going to drop that low. My first waiver pick was Howard but i missed him at 6th in the queue.

Annoyingly i didnt set the orders of my waivers in my second league properly and the only other guy active in waivers picked up Howard on the second pass, before my request for him
Reply 244
Original post by shunter7634
Wanna trade for him?

I'm not that high on him, unfortunately he's still playing for Chicago but I do think he'll take Langfords job while he's out.
Oh look, I have Lev Bell back this week :smile:
Original post by A Mysterious Lord
Oh look, I have Lev Bell back this week :smile:

I have Bell in my second league :smile: going to be a good week. Already a good start with AJ Green in that league
Reply 247
Original post by Monkey_Pete
I have Bell in my second league :smile: going to be a good week. Already a good start with AJ Green in that league

AJ got me off to a flyer in our league. My opponent had Kenyan Drake too so it's a double win in a week where I have a horrible QB matchup and a questionable TE.

Sammy Watkins just went on IR too. Shame for him, fantastic when healthy but not healthy that often. He was one of my target players in the draft so it appears I dodged a bullet. Who has him? Bit of a blow, probably a 3rd or 4th round pick?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Wattsy
AJ got me off to a flyer in our league. My opponent had Kenyan Drake too so it's a double win in a week where I have a horrible QB matchup and a questionable TE.

Sammy Watkins just went on IR too. Shame for him, fantastic when healthy but not healthy that often. He was one of my target players in the draft so it appears I dodged a bullet. Who has him? Bit of a blow, probably a 3rd or 4th round pick?

Clinton-Dix Trump has Watkins, along with Josh Gordon and Shane Vereen, who are also injured/out. Currently he is starting Jennings who isnt confirmed as playing this week after the injury. Probably focused more on the cheating commissioner in his money league
Reply 249
I think I'm going to take the flukiest loss in TSR fantasy history this week. Michael Crabtree scored a damn hat trick!

I hope Paxton Lynch is absolutely disgraceful and my matchup can be salvaged but I have my doubts.*
(edited 7 years ago)
**** SAKE Eli
Reply 251
Original post by Kenan and Kel
**** SAKE Eli

Thank you Minnesota's swarming defence! I squeak through another one to remain undefeated.
My team is terrible and I don't really understand it. Forgot to make a last minute change when Jennings was ruled out but really, who was I going to change him to?

3-1 in my other league with Roethlisberger and Bell combining for a cool 113 points.
Original post by SmashConcept
My team is terrible and I don't really understand it. Forgot to make a last minute change when Jennings was ruled out but really, who was I going to change him to?

3-1 in my other league with Roethlisberger and Bell combining for a cool 113 points.

I think your team has been unlucky with injuries and he fifth round pick on Gordon looks like it hasnt worked out

I am 3-1 leading my secondary league, with 70 points more than anyone else. I got Murray and Bell in that league, with AJ Green as my first round pick.
Reply 254
I'm all over the wire this week with my waiver priority 9. I'm thinking it's going to be yet another heartbreaker where my only success will be shipping my bye week kicker :frown:

My team isn't even that good right now. I've won 2 matchups by a total of 10 points. If people had better MNF performers I'd be 2-2.*
Original post by Wattsy
I'm all over the wire this week with my waiver priority 9. I'm thinking it's going to be yet another heartbreaker where my only success will be shipping my bye week kicker :frown:

My team isn't even that good right now. I've won 2 matchups by a total of 10 points. If people had better MNF performers I'd be 2-2.*

I was able to get my second waiver wire pick with priority 8 :smile:

In my secondary league, with priority ten i was able to pick up Mckinnon this week. Although a lot of people picked up in this league like West, Matt Ryan etc were already rostered in that league
Reply 256
I was able to get my second waiver wire pick with priority 8 :smile:

In my secondary league, with priority ten i was able to pick up Mckinnon this week. Although a lot of people picked up in this league like West, Matt Ryan etc were already rostered in that league

I think we're pretty hot on waivers to be honest, probably a bit lax with QBs like Matt Ryan who I was gifted this week but we have barely anything in the way of running backs on the wire. There's like one each week at most unless a guy emerges out of the clouds.
Zach Miller or Gronk as my TE this week?
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Zach Miller or Gronk as my TE this week?

Millar is the safest choice, projected around 8th out of TE for the week. Gronk could either destroy his score with Brady back, or only have a few targets again as they wont require his expertise against the Browns. Gronk is the higher ranked by the experts, but much more boom or bust.

There is also an injury reported for Millar, so check the news on Rotaworld etc tomorrow to check if he will be playing
Millar is the safest choice, projected around 8th out of TE for the week. Gronk could either destroy his score with Brady back, or only have a few targets again as they wont require his expertise against the Browns. Gronk is the higher ranked by the experts, but much more boom or bust.

There is also an injury reported for Millar, so check the news on Rotaworld etc tomorrow to check if he will be playing

Gronk already having a monster game :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest