The Student Room Group

Rejected by Tesco's Online Screening. :/

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 2016_GCSE
Just waiting on a response to a job at lidl now. At least they have no online test.

Let us know how you get on :smile:
Reply 21
Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo
Q1 - Why would you say no to your manager?! Obviously a bad answer.

Question 1: You are refilling a section of shelves in the store which you need to have completed before your break. Your manager approaches you and asks you to take your break an hour earlier as one of your colleagues needs to leave early today.

Tell your manager that you cannot change the time of your break as you need to finish refilling the shelves.

Lets look at this:

So, NEED to have completed before your break. Based on this statement in the question, I view having a break earlier will mean I probably won't have the task done before standard break.

A trick question if you ask me.
Question 1: You are refilling a section of shelves in the store which you need to have completed before your break. Your manager approaches you and asks you to take your break an hour earlier as one of your colleagues needs to leave early today.

Tell your manager that you cannot change the time of your break as you need to finish refilling the shelves.

Lets look at this:

So, NEED to have completed before your break. Based on this statement in the question, I view having a break earlier will mean I probably won't have the task done before standard break.

And who told you to complete the task before your break? I'l tell you, a manager.

Lets look at this:

Okay, well as a word of advice - don't say no to your manager. Ever.
Reply 24
Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo
Okay, well as a word of advice - don't say no to your manager. Ever.

Original post by johnTroy1
And who told you to complete the task before your break? I'l tell you, a manager.

But, what happens if my progress with stacking the shelf was hindered by this early break meaning the shelf was not stacked before break which remember I NEED to do.... >_<
But, what happens if my progress with stacking the shelf was hindered by this early break meaning the shelf was not stacked before break which remember I NEED to do.... >_<

If a manager over rides your current task to get you to have an early break so you're available later. He/she will realise that it will hinder your current task and that it will take more time. As long as the task is completed within the new boundaries he/she sets or a reasonable time there wouldn't be a problem. Common sense. For all questions, just assume you are there to please every person you encounter, not to please yourself. Good luck with your other applications.
PS. Often this sort of screening will reject you just because they have reached the maximum number of applications.
Looking at your answers, thanks god you were rejected
Original post by returnmigrant
PS. Often this sort of screening will reject you just because they have reached the maximum number of applications.

Not in this case, I don't think.
I actually work for Tesco and I can 100% see why you'd be deemed unsuitable. Sorry, but everyone else is right!
These are multiple choice answers? Some of them seemed quite lazy and limited.
Original post by Jjubb84
I actually work for Tesco and I can 100% see why you'd be deemed unsuitable. Sorry, but everyone else is right!

Which of his answers do you think were the wrong selections?
Original post by 999tigger
Which of his answers do you think were the wrong selections?

1,2,6,8,9,12 stick out like sore thumbs for me as things that I generally wouldn't do.

And 13....well, if you're looking for something where the challenges are manageable...ha!
(edited 7 years ago)
How can you complain? Tesco will need to filter hundreds/thousands of people. If you can't get through one of the first rounds of the application, then that's on you. Try harder! Apply to more roles. Don't complain. Rejection is part of applying for job roles, and a necassary part of life.
Thank you for taking the time to complete an online application…

We are sorry to tell you that you have not achieved the minimum criteria required in our automatic screening.
The online application is an important part of our selection process, therefore we are unable to progress your application any further at this stage.

However, we encourage you to review your answers before you consider applying for another role that may be of interest to you.

We would recommend you still complete your profile so our recruiters know as much as possible about you and are able to advise you correctly in the future.

We appreciate that you may be disappointed, but we would like to wish you every success with your current job search and thank you again for your time in completing the application.

Many thanks for your interest in joining Tesco.

Damn this fills me with a hate of wasting my time to fill everything out and then be rejected. I was very careful with my decisions and really don't agree with this system as I feel I can justify my choices in the questionnaire.

But the real waste of time was tailoring the CV then having to write lot's of stuff on to there site.

Yes, this can be frustrating. However, as you fill in more and more of these forms, you will get faster and filling in forms will not seem so bad.
Im late to this thread but I need some help.
I keep getting automatically rejected for a job at Tesco's. I'm 16 and it says the exact message that this guy got but I didn't even get the option to do the screening? It's just acting like I did and got it wrong? I don't know why it's doing this and really need help with it :/
I just had the same, what a waste of time, I’m a 52 year old, been employed all my life, fairly well educated and with all kinds of experience, I’m quite confused as to what I could have offered them. It’s a supermarket job???

Quick Reply