The Student Room Group

My Year 10 Revision Thread To A* 2016-2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mayu123
U chose History ?
WHTS ib ?

I did English A Lang and Lit, German A Lang, Maths, Additional Maths, Double Award Science, French, Geography, History :wink:

IB is an alternative to A-levels. We study 6 subjects instead of 3/4 and we need to take two languages, maths, a science (or two), a social science, and art (or second science instead of art).
Reply 201
Original post by Mac117
I did English A Lang and Lit, German A Lang, Maths, Additional Maths, Double Award Science, French, Geography, History :wink:

IB is an alternative to A-levels. We study 6 subjects instead of 3/4 and we need to take two languages, maths, a science (or two), a social science, and art (or second science instead of art).

Ohh k xD:biggrin:
Original post by Kwendo
Smh it's GCSE there isn't exactly must detail to show tbh

Imo CGP is just bit summarised and the diagrams aren't the best, also they can be a bit cringy...
the aqa science cgp books tbf dont look that bad but still

also 'Smh it's GCSE there isn't exactly must detail to show' is not true.

I mean you can't just say you don't need detail it's GCSE, then why would you
bother buy a textbook
Reply 203
Original post by peeked
Imo CGP is just bit summarised and the diagrams aren't the best, also they can be a bit cringy...
the aqa science cgp books tbf dont look that bad but still

also 'Smh it's GCSE there isn't exactly must detail to show' is not true.

I mean you can't just say you don't need detail it's GCSE, then why would you
bother buy a textbook

Comparatively the depth required for GCSE is very little when set alongside A-Level for obvious reasons, and imo and at least for me a textbook is a tool to supplement a main source of learning and it is critical that it is presented concisely so for AQA Science I find their STUDENT BOOKS to be of great help.

Though the same can't exactly be said of their cringeworthy, crammed revision guides so on that I agree with you.
Hi I'm Roheena! I'm basically taking the same stuff but instead of psychology and business I'm taking Latin and History. Revision wise at the minute, I'm kinda just writing out a set of revision notes a few days after learning the stuff in class... I don't know but it seems to help me 🙂 I've also looked at the specifications for what I'm doing so I know exactly what I need to know, did that make sense?
Reply 205
Original post by Nasuada12
Hi I'm Roheena! I'm basically taking the same stuff but instead of psychology and business I'm taking Latin and History. Revision wise at the minute, I'm kinda just writing out a set of revision notes a few days after learning the stuff in class... I don't know but it seems to help me 🙂 I've also looked at the specifications for what I'm doing so I know exactly what I need to know, did that make sense?

you doing triple science nice 2 meet you xD
Original post by Kwendo
Comparatively the depth required for GCSE is very little when set alongside A-Level for obvious reasons, and imo and at least for me a textbook is a tool to supplement a main source of learning and it is critical that it is presented concisely so for AQA Science I find their STUDENT BOOKS to be of great help.

Though the same can't exactly be said of their cringeworthy, crammed revision guides so on that I agree with you.

Ok your last lines was precisely what I meant by the 'crammed revision guides':smile:.
I agree with what your saying and i'm sure the AQA Science ones are great for that specification, sadly the OCR ones weren't as good:frown: so I bought different ones
:smile:
Reply 207
Original post by peeked
Ok your last lines was precisely what I meant by the 'crammed revision guides':smile:.
I agree with what your saying and i'm sure the AQA Science ones are great for that specification, sadly the OCR ones weren't as good:frown: so I bought different ones
:smile:

How much did you buy it for how much you wasted ?:frown:
Original post by mayu123
How much did you buy it for how much you wasted ?:frown:

i dont understand, how much did I pay for my books, I didn't buy the CGP ones only the oxford or whatever ones:smile:
Reply 209
Original post by peeked
i dont understand, how much did I pay for my books, I didn't buy the CGP ones only the oxford or whatever ones:smile:

You said the revision books you bought were crap so you had to buy new ones which one do you have now is it the AQA boarded books ?:wink:
Original post by mayu123
You said the revision books you bought were crap so you had to buy new ones which one do you have now is it the AQA boarded books ?:wink:

i didnt buy new ones, i never bought the ones which i labeled as 'crap'

if your refering to this:
'sadly the OCR ones weren't as good so I bought different ones' then you slightly misunderstood, but my bad. I never owned the OCR CGPs just breifly looked at them when I went out, and I didn't really like the look.

I still bought OCR ones, I don't think it's good idea to buy AQA for OCR:dry::smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 211
Original post by peeked
i didnt buy new ones, i never bought the ones which i labeled as 'crap'

if your refering to this:
'sadly the OCR ones weren't as good so I bought different ones' then you slightly misunderstood, but my bad. I never owned the OCR CGPs just breifly looked at them when I went out, and I didn't really like the look.

I still bought OCR ones, I don't think it's good idea to buy AQA for OCR:dry::smile:

yhh i agree im doing AQA have you done a test in school yet ?
Original post by mayu123
yhh i agree im doing AQA have you done a test in school yet ?

xD have one tommorow and i'm currenly revising, or trying to revise, for it. It's just like a small one not an actual gcse full length just cuts of previous exams for our teacher to know how were doing. It's in chemistry btw. I have had maths test gcse one full length.
Reply 213
Original post by peeked
xD have one tommorow and i'm currenly revising, or trying to revise, for it. It's just like a small one not an actual gcse full length just cuts of previous exams for our teacher to know how were doing. It's in chemistry btw. I have had maths test gcse one full length.

Ohh okay Good Luck hope the Best Like Always and i have like all subject test next week what have you been doing in Biology and chemistry ?:tongue:
Original post by mayu123
Ohh okay Good Luck hope the Best Like Always and i have like all subject test next week what have you been doing in Biology and chemistry ?:tongue:

In biology we did like genes and inhereitance and stuff, and in chemistry like atmosphere and activaition energy for certain reactions.
I got 16/20 in my chemistry which was one of the highest which i was quite please about, although i am gonna start revising a lot more after school because I really want those high grades:h:
btw this thread is slowly dying:frown: we need more year 10s:smile:
Original post by peeked

Most year 10s are on my thread tbh
Original post by peeked

I think everyones at the other one
Original post by Averageteen
I think everyones at the other one

Original post by Sardonic Zarah
Most year 10s are on my thread tbh

This is her own thread !!!