The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Skysweeper
can i go...:cry2:

Not in a great place myself, and I think we'd trigger each other, so not gonna offer you my inbox. But please try and stay safe and remember we care :hugs:
Starting to get nervous for this appointment on Friday :cry2:

I'm just wondering what to expect, its my first appointment with CMHS and its a CPN who I'll be seeing and I'm assuming the first few appointments will be an assessment? My mum and Callan are both coming in with me. I doubt I'll be in much state to talk much.
Hallucinating horribly.
Original post by Spock's Socks

I'm just wondering what to expect, its my first appointment with CMHS and its a CPN who I'll be seeing and I'm assuming the first few appointments will be an assessment? My mum and Callan are both coming in with me. I doubt I'll be in much state to talk much.

It will probs be getting to know you, what your diagnoses are and how they impact upon your everyday life. Maybe think of these things in advance, and take some written-down bullet points with you? x
Original post by Spock's Socks

Also, what your expectations/hopes for getting help from them are, e.g. if that CPN becomes your permanent CPN, how often would you wanna see him/her
TLG UPDATE

Therapist phoned back and was very kind (which did make me wanna smack her, ngl, lol). She's gonna talk to the rest of my hospital team on my behalf :colondollar:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
TLG UPDATE

Therapist phoned back and was very kind (which did make me wanna smack her, ngl, lol). She's gonna talk to the rest of my hospital team on my behalf :colondollar:

Big hugs from here. :lovehug: How are you feeling? :loveduck:
Original post by sherbet_lemons7
Big hugs from here. :lovehug: How are you feeling? :loveduck:

Am hiding from my phone in case my CPN rings today itself :redface:
Good things: been allocated a CPN, who is going to contact me this week, and it's a she! Yay! And been discharged from crisis team.

Bad things: left a lecture 10 minutes in because I freaked out about all the people (it was in a lecture hall as opposed to classroom as previously had this term)
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Not in a great place myself, and I think we'd trigger each other, so not gonna offer you my inbox. But please try and stay safe and remember we care :hugs:

Thanks, and you too :hugs:
i cant get this out idk why it's bothering me i has slowly bothered me more and more throughout the day
Original post by Anonymous
i cant get this out idk why it's bothering me i has slowly bothered me more and more throughout the day

What can't you get out? :frown:
I hate night time. :cry2: Hate it. I feel so alone and awful and am hurting but can't say anything except "I'm fine" and the fake smiles when anyone asks me how I am. :cry2: There's so little point to everything and I just bring everyone down. So useless and hate feeling like this.
Original post by sherbet_lemons7
I hate night time. :cry2: Hate it. I feel so alone and awful and am hurting but can't say anything except "I'm fine" and the fake smiles when anyone asks me how I am. :cry2: There's so little point to everything and I just bring everyone down. So useless and hate feeling like this.

You never bring me down - just not in contact atm coz not much use to anyone, due to very big, very public meltdown, doh :frown:
Original post by Malevolent
What can't you get out? :frown:

these images :redface:
idk where they come from but after i dream them they bleed through in like flashbacks if i dont remember it immedietly after i wake up and all i can think about is blood soaked shirts and this one image of a shoulder and a chest.
Got another F. :cry2:
Original post by Anonymous
these images :redface:
idk where they come from but after i dream them they bleed through in like flashbacks if i dont remember it immedietly after i wake up and all i can think about is blood soaked shirts and this one image of a shoulder and a chest.

Are these images kind of in your brain but they're just as vivid, clear, and real looking as if you were looking directly at what the image is with your eyes?

I don't know if I explained that well ;/

I get that a lot. They put these disgusting gruesome images in my head and I can't get away from them. They tell me that I need to do these things and it can be difficult to abstain sometimes. It's scary and horrible.
She keeps telling it wrong. Daddy was just sad. I help him not be sad. She will be 😡 when she sees this. It's secret ssh
Original post by Sabertooth
Got another F. :cry2:

:console: Ah Saber. I'm so sorry. :hugs: Has the letter been written by your psychiatrist yet?

You don't have to answer if you don't want to, but are you getting any therapy of any kind atm or are you just on medication?

----

Job interview today. Still hallucinating though. But it's a very short, fairly informal interview. I can get myself through 15 minutes, I hope.
Original post by Sabertooth
Are these images kind of in your brain but they're just as vivid, clear, and real looking as if you were looking directly at what the image is with your eyes?

I don't know if I explained that well ;/

I get that a lot. They put these disgusting gruesome images in my head and I can't get away from them. They tell me that I need to do these things and it can be difficult to abstain sometimes. It's scary and horrible.

yeh, they are like stills but really vivid so almost memories apart from the fact that they obviously arent cos like i think i would know about it if i was shot etc :redface: ik they come from the dreams but it still bothers me idk why :/
awwww sabertooth :hugs: well i admire u a lot anyway for ur tenacity with everything and for keeping going with ur uni :yes:

Latest