The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hurricaneellin
Mine went off on Sept 26, applied to Warwick, Southampton, Lancaster and Greenwich with AAA for History, no replies yet :frown:

greenwich replied in about 5 days for me so hopefully you'll have one soon
Anyone else reckon the Warwick admissions tutors are stalking this thread and they're so ready to send out offers but they're seeing us get so hung up on it that they're like "NO make them wait for it... play hard to get :wink: "
Original post by BEARichards
Anyone else reckon the Warwick admissions tutors are stalking this thread and they're so ready to send out offers but they're seeing us get so hung up on it that they're like "NO make them wait for it... play hard to get :wink: "

Definitely, can't be too fun being an admissions tutor, they're just like, let them wriggle :smile:
Original post by cami.w
greenwich replied in about 5 days for me so hopefully you'll have one soon

5 days, good grief! Did you get an offer? I hope I get one soon, I was told it was between 6-8 weeks :smile:
5 days, good grief! Did you get an offer? I hope I get one soon, I was told it was between 6-8 weeks :smile:

Yes, unconditional for Modern Languages and International Relations.
Original post by cami.w

Wow, unconditional, that's incredible! Well done :smile: Can I ask, do you know what factors in your application may have encouraged them to give you an unconditional offer? :smile:
Aspiring Medic. Sent off my application today:

Aberdeen, Dundee, Edinburgh and Bristol. Pharmacy at RGU as a back up. Only been a few hours but UCAS Track isn't saying anything... This is gonna be a LONG year to wait :'(
Original post by cami.w

Oh my goodness! That's fantastic! Congratulations! :smile: What were your grades?
Original post by .......Jeff458
Aspiring Medic. Sent off my application today:

Aberdeen, Dundee, Edinburgh and Bristol. Pharmacy at RGU as a back up. Only been a few hours but UCAS Track isn't saying anything... This is gonna be a LONG year to wait :'(

I sent mine off last week and it has been a looooong week, so stressful, I am updating track every minutes or so :smile:
Original post by BEARichards
Wow, unconditional, that's incredible! Well done :smile: Can I ask, do you know what factors in your application may have encouraged them to give you an unconditional offer? :smile:

Thank you! i'm very happy :smile: I'm from the US so I applied already knowing a bunch of my test scores and grades, which i think was a big help
Oh my goodness! That's fantastic! Congratulations! :smile: What were your grades?

Thank you! I'm from the US so i applied with a 3.6 GPA and a 1270 SAT score
Original post by cami.w
Thank you! i'm very happy :smile: I'm from the US so I applied already knowing a bunch of my test scores and grades, which i think was a big help

Ahh okay, good luck :smile:
Original post by Rachel58
Got my offer from York for history!!! So excited!

That is awesome!!! Congratulations! My daughter applied to York (Archaeology) and is anxiously awaiting a response--she'd be thrilled to go there.
Original post by Theawesomejem
I purposely aimed for outside london as I didn't want to worry about money/cost of living ect. Warwick is also my first choice! Course at Durham is excellent I read through the modules and it's so interesting same with York and Exeter (also top 8 or something lol) trying to stay away from BSc courses as I'm not a political scientist and find data uninteresting. bristol is BSc instead of BA which makes me unsure but I've heard so many good things! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm literally exactly the same- I also avoid BSc courses because most of them have this module on 'quantitative methods' (eugh) and I really hate maths, lol.

I like the course at Durham, really focused on Middle Eastern politics (and since I'm like half Iranian it makes it more interesting)- but the issue is, I feel like Durham is a really boring place :biggrin: I don't know I will probably look into it more.

I've literally looked at all Russell Group unis, even the others you've mentioned- and I don't like the courses :L Still need to check Sheffield out, though.

Best of luck with your application :-)
Original post by IRoranth
I'm literally exactly the same- I also avoid BSc courses because most of them have this module on 'quantitative methods' (eugh) and I really hate maths, lol.

I like the course at Durham, really focused on Middle Eastern politics (and since I'm like half Iranian it makes it more interesting)- but the issue is, I feel like Durham is a really boring place :biggrin: I don't know I will probably look into it more.

I've literally looked at all Russell Group unis, even the others you've mentioned- and I don't like the courses :L Still need to check Sheffield out, though.

Best of luck with your application :-)

Best of luck to you too! I ruled out loads of Russell groups as they are too close to where I live e.g. Sheffield, Manchester and Leeds despite good courses so that kind of limited my options too haha.

Let me know how your application goes my everything is crossed for warwick as no other courses come close to what i want :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Theawesomejem
Best of luck to you too! I ruled out loads of Russell groups as they are too close to where I live e.g. Sheffield, Manchester and Leeds despite good courses so that kind of limited my options too haha.

Let me know how your application goes my everything is crossed for warwick as no other courses come close to what i want :smile:

I just checked Leeds out- I think I'm gonna apply there- seems like a nice place, campus but also city-life.

And yeah I'll let you know how it goes =D
Original post by IRoranth
I also avoid BSc courses because most of them have this module on 'quantitative methods' (eugh) and I really hate maths,

These aren't 'statistics' units if that is what is bothering you - QM is how to deal with data, how to interpret it and how to use it in research, not producing the data itself. Its now offered in many degrees as its the sort of skill that is very useful after your degree (whatever job you do), so don't dismiss an entire degree program because of one unit that actually might be a) 'easier' than you think and b) useful!
(edited 7 years ago)
Got an offer to study Maths (MMath) from Bath yesterday! :smile:
Original post by XxsciencemathsxX
Got an offer to study Maths (MMath) from Bath yesterday! :smile:

Yay well done!
Has anyone heard ANYTHING from Warwick? Sent my application on Monday and have received acknowledgement emails from all 4 of my other choices, but nothing from Warwick at all!

Latest

Trending

Trending