The Student Room Group

HMRC - CSR/1846/16 - Tax Professional Caseworker

Hi

Has anyone else applied for this one? How is it going?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
There are already several threads going about these jobs.
Reply 2
Hey,

I applied for this also, and folllowing interview I received a provisional offer on 9th Sept pending pre employment checks.
I've filled in all of the forms, including one from Occ Health as I suffer from some back problems - although nothing that would affect my work - and I've just yesterday received my DBS through in the post.
It's just a waiting game for me now, I suppose, although I do hope I hear something soon, all this waiting is making me nervous!
*How about yourself?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Elz2715
Hey,

I applied for this also, and folllowing interview I received a provisional offer on 9th Sept pending pre employment checks.
I've filled in all of the forms, including one from Occ Health as I suffer from some back problems - although nothing that would affect my work - and I've just yesterday received my DBS through in the post.
It's just a waiting game for me now, I suppose, although I do hope I hear something soon, all this waiting is making me nervous!
*How about yourself?

My pre-employment checks were passed last week, waiting on a start date now :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by abitaylor1195
My pre-employment checks were passed last week, waiting on a start date now :smile:

Oh congrats!
I've read that Occ Health can hold things up so I'm going to give them a call over the next few days since it's been a week since I filled in the form and I haven't heard anything (not even a text that you could opt in for!).

Where will you be based? I'll be in Cardiff*:smile:
Original post by Elz2715
Oh congrats!
I've read that Occ Health can hold things up so I'm going to give them a call over the next few days since it's been a week since I filled in the form and I haven't heard anything (not even a text that you could opt in for!).

Where will you be based? I'll be in Cardiff*:smile:

In Llanishen :smile:
Reply 6
Hello I have also received a provisional offer, still not heard anything about start date or if my checks have been complete. Llanishen is where I am starting as well. Have you had any other information about start date yet?
Hey guys.
Just thought I'd let you know, I spoke to one of the recruitment team in llanishen who said that you should receive an email with your start dates roughly within a week of receiving your DBS certificates.
He also expects start dates to be the end of October and Mid November.
Starting in Llanishen too so will see you there! :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by Squeezinglemonz
Hey guys.
Just thought I'd let you know, I spoke to one of the recruitment team in llanishen who said that you should receive an email with your start dates roughly within a week of receiving your DBS certificates.

Thanks for the update! Certainly haven't had a start date within a week of my DBS... but as I say it may be Occ Health with me. Best get chasing them up if start dates are expected to be so soon- I need to give a months notice!*
Will see you there! :smile:
Original post by Elz2715
Thanks for the update! Certainly haven't had a start date within a week of my DBS... but as I say it may be Occ Health with me. Best get chasing them up if start dates are expected to be so soon- I need to give a months notice!*
Will see you there! :smile:

Original post by Squeezinglemonz
Hey guys.

Original post by treennis
Hello I have also received a provisional offer, still not heard anything about start date or if my checks have been complete. Llanishen is where I am starting as well. Have you had any other information about start date yet?

It's been well over 2 weeks since I got my pre-employment checks and my DBS and still no start date for me. I think I will ring them on Monday if nothing today. I did get a letter in the post today though about setting up my HMRC pension scheme, anyone else?
Reply 10
It's been well over 2 weeks since I got my pre-employment checks and my DBS and still no start date for me. I think I will ring them on Monday if nothing today. I did get a letter in the post today though about setting up my HMRC pension scheme, anyone else?

Emailed them this week, they lost my passport information so I had to send it to them again, I asked about a possible start date for me now cos I am still going through my checks and they said mid Nov-early December :frown:(
Reply 11
Original post by treennis
Emailed them this week, they lost my passport information so I had to send it to them again, I asked about a possible start date for me now cos I am still going through my checks and they said mid Nov-early December :frown:(

I'll probably be in the same position as you, as my checks are still ongoing, however they should be in a position to finish them by the end of next week. It is nice to have some kind of timescale though - not too long until start dates when you think about it :smile:
Has anyone heard anything? Received a formal offer today with a start date of 14th November
Original post by Mollycolee
Has anyone heard anything? Received a formal offer today with a start date of 14th November

Well done! You're the first that I know of, no start date here yet...
Reply 14
Well done! You're the first that I know of, no start date here yet...

Hi Abi,
Did you receive any update?
I called them last week and they said it's at the final stage, and they had three start dates, 31st of Oct, 14 Nov, and 21 Nov.
But still haven't received any formal offer...
Original post by Lunar90
Hi Abi,
I called them last week and they said it's at the final stage, and they had three start dates, 31st of Oct, 14 Nov, and 21 Nov.

Hey Lunar

Still no updates here, I'm hoping this week but I haven't heard anything. That's good that you heard that though, means we should get to know soon.
Original post by Lunar90
Hi Abi,

Only internal people got the 31st October date. Molly said she got 14th November last friday which was the 14th October which means they're giving everyone exactly 4 weeks notice. The last start date is 21st November which means they would notify us on 21st October which is this friday. So hold out for an email this friday?
Reply 17
Only internal people got the 31st October date. Molly said she got 14th November last friday which was the 14th October which means they're giving everyone exactly 4 weeks notice. The last start date is 21st November which means they would notify us on 21st October which is this friday. So hold out for an email this friday?

I guess you are right!
Reply 18
Original post by Lunar90
I guess you are right!

My friend works at the tax office and she said they are doing induction for our post today on her floor? Maybe its for the internal's?
Got a start date today - 21st Nov :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending