The Student Room Group

Sheffield vs Durham vs Lancaster vs Manchester university

Scroll to see replies

Original post by crazyhacker123
Oh okay is alot going on in campus? Is it lively?
How do you like freshers week? Are there games or what happens in freshers week?

Yeah, there's always loads of people about and things going on. It's a big place.

I'm dying of alcohol poisoning but it's great. There's an introvert alternative to most of the fun stuff, like indoor games nights vs bar crawls. Most nights have been lots of drinking, though. The bars are amazing.

If you come here, go Furness. Everywhere else is nowhere.
Manchester is probably the best one. It's good a great reputation, plus there's loads to do in Manchester.
Original post by prostheticzeta
go on the website - https://unistats.direct.gov.uk/

you can compare the two universities and their courses and it will show their teaching methods and compare so you can see which one is the most appropriate for you

Much appreciated:smile:
Original post by AlexFam
Yeah, there's always loads of people about and things going on. It's a big place.

I'm dying of alcohol poisoning but it's great. There's an introvert alternative to most of the fun stuff, like indoor games nights vs bar crawls. Most nights have been lots of drinking, though. The bars are amazing.

If you come here, go Furness. Everywhere else is nowhere.

Damn that's good! Are there any international students? If so, most of them are from what country?
Damn that's good! Are there any international students? If so, most of them are from what country?

Yeah tonnes of them. I'm living with two Americans atm.
Original post by AlexFam
Yeah tonnes of them. I'm living with two Americans atm.

Ohh okay! What were your other choices other than lancaster?
Ohh okay! What were your other choices other than lancaster?

Durham, Bath, Southampton and Portsmouth (kinda the token one). I got offers from all 5 of my choices and put Lancaster as my firm and Bath as my insurance. Bath is my hometown, so I was impartial to staying there.

Quick Reply

Latest