The Student Room Group

Pentagon paid British PR firm 500M to make fake terrorist and propaganda videos

Why isn't anyone talking about this? This all just got leaked yesterday. But the Kim K story is all everyone's talking about...hmm I wonder why
Source?
Reply 2
Original post by Dodgypirate
Source?

'British PR firm Bell Pottinger was reportedly paid $540m (£417m) by the US to create campaign material in Iraq to portray al-Qaeda in a negative light and track suspected sympathisers.

A recent report by the Bureau of Investigative Journalism (TBIJ) indicates that the London-headquartered company, which is known for its roster of controversial clients such as the Saudi government and Chilean dictator Augusto Pinochet's foundation made fake terror and news-style videos, which would then be used to track those accessing them."

linky
Original post by KINGYusuf
Why isn't anyone talking about this? This all just got leaked yesterday. But the Kim K story is all everyone's talking about...hmm I wonder why

I do have my fans....
Nothing new, this has been going on for centuries, it's a part of war.
OP you seem awfully flustered that a group went out and made Al Qaeda look bad.*
Original post by Drewski
'British PR firm Bell Pottinger was reportedly paid $540m (£417m) by the US to create campaign material in Iraq to portray al-Qaeda in a negative light and track suspected sympathisers.

A recent report by the Bureau of Investigative Journalism (TBIJ) indicates that the London-headquartered company, which is known for its roster of controversial clients such as the Saudi government and Chilean dictator Augusto Pinochet's foundation made fake terror and news-style videos, which would then be used to track those accessing them."

linky

Why thank you!
Reply 7
Original post by KimKallstrom
OP you seem awfully flustered that a group went out and made Al Qaeda look bad.*

Haha. Angry at the fact by doing this it caused more islamophobia.
Reply 8

Did it?

You're aware that it only operated inside Iraq, yes?

have you considered why something like this would have been done for decades ( if it was at all)? ie to lure and track islamist sympathising losers back to their bedrooms and then (hopefully) lock them away in a cell for 15 years.

im all for it. i hope you are too
Original post by KimKallstrom
I do have my fans....

you've fooled them again :sly:

So Islamic terrorists aren't bad?
Reply 12
Original post by Reformed
have you considered why something like this would have been done for decades ( if it was at all)? ie to lure and track islamist sympathising losers back to their bedrooms and then (hopefully) lock them away in a cell for 15 years.

im all for it. i hope you are too

Why can't you understand that they're pretending to be Muslims engaging in terrorism, this creates more fear and islamophobia to the public. When in reality it's all bs. Cretins can't see that, just "but don't you want the bad guys to be caught?" instead of thinking of the consequences. Typical right wing cretins
Reply 13
Original post by Willy Pete
So Islamic terrorists aren't bad?

So pretending to be Muslims and create fake terrorist vids thus creating more fear and islamophobia is good? lmao you right wing cretin
So pretending to be Muslims and create fake terrorist vids thus creating more fear and islamophobia is good? lmao you right wing cretin

No, they did it to track potential terrorists. That is smart and a good way to track potential hostile combatants.

The Islamic terrorists create the most "islamophibia".
Original post by Willy Pete
No, they did it to track potential terrorists. That is smart and a good way to track potential hostile combatants.

The Islamic terrorists create the most "islamophibia".

Half a billion spent making fake videos to track viewers?

HALF A BILLION DOLLARS? I would've thought that sort of money could have employed 1,000 network/cyber technicians that could've tracked views, but what do I know? You have just got to admire the US military industrial complex!
Original post by MasterJack

HALF A BILLION DOLLARS? I would've thought that sort of money could have employed 1,000 network/cyber technicians that could've tracked views, but what do I know? You have just got to admire the US military industrial complex!

The US has already spent $2 trillion on the "War on Drugs", $500m is nothing to them.
Original post by MasterJack

2bn is not even 0.5% of the defence budget, it's only about 0.01% GDP, it's pocket change

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending