The Student Room Group

Sadiq:Muslim migrants shouldn't assimilate, and the West should get used to terrorism

Scroll to see replies

People here seem ready to accept it, its game over if so we will be going back to the dark ages. This time its what people have been brainwashed into WANTING
There are different interpretations of sharia law, as there are different opinions on some aspects of islam. I dont understand why some people find that so hard to understand. And the extremist opinions as most muslims would agree is completely distorted, where the 'evidence' they provide is not reliable. A man and woman cannot have sex outside of marriage its as simple as that. I dont agree with saudi arabia, i actually quite dislike the country due to its opressive nature against women such as not allowing them to drive.
And again, the police should not feel like they cannot catch criminals on the basis they might offend them. Thats ridiculous, most muslims wouldnt agree with such a thing. Its not the fault of muslims, but the fault of police. Its simple.
I'm guessing he is including FGM in the traditions that shouldn't be dropped.
Is that (the title) what he said tho? No

Is that what the clearly biased rag you're quoting has said? Yes

Woah crazy - next story plz
if we know that terrorism is due to islamist nutcases, what is the value in allowing islamic immigration? sure, not all of them are nutcases, but *some* of them are - it's like giving you a bowl of sweets - and *some* of the sweets are poisonous - does that mean you should still eat from the bowl because most of them aren't poisoned? and before somebody tells me that some of the terrorists were born and raised in the UK, that doesn't mean that their parents weren't from the middle east and didn't raise them with fundamentalist beliefs - beliefs that only originate from that moral blackhole of planet earth
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 25
Original post by Drewski
Being used to something doesn't mean it doesn't make the news...

Yes it does. That is why the Paris attacks were everywhere but Lebanon's were not

News
Remove 5th column.
Original post by Fenice
Yes it does. That is why the Paris attacks were everywhere but Lebanon's were not

News

Don't talk nonsense. Putting it in italics doesn't make it true.

It's still news whether we're told about it or not. That it's not published simply means they believe the people they're aiming the news at aren't interested. It's an editorial decision more than anything.

Football happens every week yet, we're all very well used to it, yet that makes the news.
Reply 28
Original post by Drewski
It's still news whether we're told about it or not. That it's not published simply means they believe the people they're aiming the news at aren't interested. It's an editorial decision more than anything.

Here is what you said:

Being used to something doesn't mean it doesn't make the news...

You are now changing the definition of news from what you originally meant. In this sense news means reported events, and it is entirely true that something that we are more used to is less likely to 'make the news' than something new. That is why the Paris attacks were reported all over the world but the ones in Lebanon were comparatively ignored, if only because of the region it is in.
Original post by sleepysnooze
if we know that terrorism is due to islamist nutcases, what is the value in allowing islamic immigration? sure, not all of them are nutcases, but *some* of them are - it's like giving you a bowl of sweets - and *some* of the sweets are poisonous - does that mean you should still eat from the bowl because most of them aren't poisoned? and before somebody tells me that some of the terrorists were born and raised in the UK, that doesn't mean that their parents weren't from the middle east and didn't raise them with fundamentalist beliefs - beliefs that only originate from that moral blackhole of planet earth

You stole that sweets gag from Donald Trump Jr., didn't you? Turns out, even the stock picture of that bowl of sweets had been taken by a Syrian refugee in Britain. What about this, if I got a couple of bad candies, I won't stop eating candy, will I?
Original post by Alhacen
You stole that sweets gag from Donald Trump Jr., didn't you? Turns out, even the stock picture of that bowl of sweets had been taken by a Syrian refugee in Britain. What about this, if I got a couple of bad candies, I won't stop eating candy, will I?

did I? I didn't even know trump made the same comparison - it was the first thing that came to mind to make the analogy. either this is a huge coincidence or I subconsiously remembered it and didn't know where it was from. either way: comparison made. and if you got a couple of bad candies that *killed* you, you'd never be eating them again, or anything else...
did I? I didn't even know trump made the same comparison - it was the first thing that came to mind to make the analogy. either this is a huge coincidence or I subconsiously remembered it and didn't know where it was from. either way: comparison made. and if you got a couple of bad candies that *killed* you, you'd never be eating them again, or anything else...

Not Trump, m8; his son. That's better, innit
Original post by Alhacen
Not Trump, m8; his son. That's better, innit

okay? well I've never even seen or heard from his son, so I probably didn't copy them.
okay? well I've never even seen or heard from his son, so I probably didn't copy them.

I hope I didn't offend you. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending