The Student Room Group

Trump insults traumatised war veterans as 'not strong enough'

Scroll to see replies

Original post by KimKallstrom
Please tell me you're joking. Nobody can be this retarded....

Is it the uniform or the flag?
What an asshat!
Let's give him a Mental Illness and see how he copes!
It's not ****ing easy to live with I can assure you all!
Reply 22
Original post by Josb
It's crazy to see that many members of the Republican party were draft dodgers.

Elliott Abrams - Sought deferment for bad back.
Richard Armey - Sought college deferment, too smart to die.
Bill Bennett - Sought graduate school deferment, too smart to die.
Pat Buchanan - Sought deferment for bad knee.
George W. Bush - Daddy got him in the Texas National Guard and then he was missing for the last two years of his service.
Dick Cheney - Sought graduate school deferment, too smart to die.
Tom DeLay - Sought college deferment, too smart to die.
Newt Gingrich - Sought graduate school deferment, too smart to die.
Phil Gramm - Sought marriage deferment, too loved to die.
Jack Kemp - Sought medical deferment while in the NFL.
Rush Limbaugh - Sought deferment for ingrown hair follicle on his ass (:lol: it is true: http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/limbaugh.asp).
Trent Lott - Sought deferment, didn't want to muss his hair.
P.J. O'Rourke - Sought deferment, too stoned.
Dan Quayle - Family got him into the Reserves.
Pat Robertson - Father pulled him out of Korea as soon as the shooting began.
Kenneth Starr - Sought deferment for psoriasis.

Let's be honest the draft shouldn't even exist, it is unconstitutional by violating at least the 13th amendment possibly more and it was definitely sexist.

So I don't blame people for dodging it, would you like to die fighting for something you don't agree with against your will?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 23
Original post by FireFreezer77
What an asshat!
Let's give him a Mental Illness and see how he copes!
It's not ****ing easy to live with I can assure you all!

Do you believe the democrats and their smear campaign?
It's easy to find a 3 word quote somewhere and then twist it to push what you want it to say.

When you talk about the mental health problems, when people come back from war and combat and they see things that maybe a lot of folks in this room have seen many times over and you're strong and you can handle it but a lot of people can't handle it. They see horror stories, they see events you couldn't see in a movie, nobody would believe it ...You know when you hear the 22 suicides a day, it's a big part of your question, but when you hear the 22 suicides a day, that should never be. That should never be. So we're going to be addressing that very strongly. And the whole mental health issue is going to be a very important issue when I take over, and the VA is going to be fixed in so many ways, but that's gonna be one of the ways we're gonna help. And that's in many respects going to be the number one thing we have to do because I think it's really been left behind.

That's what he said comment on that not the biased articles and posts.

This is what the vet who trump was answering had to say about it "sickening that anyone would twist Mr Trump’s comments."He added: "I took his comments to be thoughtful and understanding of the struggles many veterans have."

Don't rely on one source or multiple sources from the same side to get information.
(edited 7 years ago)
There is already more than enough on Trump to deem him unfit for the presidency, even if this quote is being twisted to suit the democratic agenda.
Reply 25
Original post by cbreef
There is already more than enough on Trump to deem him unfit for the presidency, even if this quote is being twisted to suit the democratic agenda.

And there is a lot more to show Hillary is even worse than him if it wasn't twisted to suit their agenda.
Reply 26
Original post by joecphillips
Let's be honest the draft shouldn't even exist, it is unconstitutional by violating at least the 13th amendment possibly more and it was definitely sexist.

So I don't blame people for dodging it, would you like to die fighting for something you don't agree with against your will?

I'm pretty sure all these people agreed with the Vietnam war.
Reply 27
Original post by Josb
I'm pretty sure all these people agreed with the Vietnam war.

Fine would you like to be forced onto the front line of a war against your will?
I'm anything but a trump supporter yet what he said is true.
It takes an incredibly strong or incredibly vacant mind to handle the sights of war mentally.
It's not as if you can properly train for seeing someone's head blown off first hand without witnessing it on the field.
It's also fair to say some people are not strong enough to be in the army which is partly why they test and those who fail, leave or train more and try again.
It just so happens fewer people can take the mental aspect of witnessing extreme gore/scenarios then can past army training.
And there is a lot more to show Hillary is even worse than him if it wasn't twisted to suit their agenda.

Ridiculous. I am anything but a Hillary supporter, but she's clearly the much better candidate. As far as qualifications go, she couldn't have a better CV for the job - first lady, secretary of state.... Trump doesn't even know what a nuclear triad is. Plus his "policies", (he's known to flip flop on all sorts of issues) heavily favour the rich and powerful. The truth is, he's a man who hasn't paid tax since the 90's. (He avoided $900m of tax in total) Total scumbag.
Reply 30
Fine would you like to be forced onto the front line of a war against your will?

No, I wouldn't like it. However, my remark was about men who vocally supported war, whilst they dodged the draft. This is hypocrisy.
Reply 31
Original post by cbreef
Ridiculous. I am anything but a Hillary supporter, but she's clearly the much better candidate. As far as qualifications go, she couldn't have a better CV for the job - first lady, secretary of state.... Trump doesn't even know what a nuclear triad is. Plus his "policies", (he's known to flip flop on all sorts of issues) heavily favour the rich and powerful. The truth is, he's a man who hasn't paid tax since the 90's. (He avoided $900m of tax in total) Total scumbag.

Let's look at more than the titles and what she has done in he time as First Lady and Secretary of State shall we?

As First Lady she repeatedly silenced victims of her predator husband but since then she has flip flopped to listen and believe.

She labelled black people as super predators but is now apparently the candidate who cares about them.

She reportedly called Jews kikes and people disabled kids retards a flip flop from someone who is for equality for all.

She has flip flopped on 3 strikes and your out when it was popular she backed it but now it is not she is against it even though she helped push it through.

She has pushed for at least 1 illegal war and debatably pushed for the USA to violate it attacking the Libyan ruler of the time which is not what the UN authorised and it was arguably unconstitutional.

We have her emails, there are 3 answers to why she didn't face charges a cover up and with the information coming out this seems possible why would the FBI agree to a deal that limits their search then forces them to destroy the evidence preventing a further investigation when they could of legally got the laptops of 2 top clinton aides? And it took 5 minutes for people on twitter to find similar cases where people were prosecuted and lost security clearance, incompetence if we accept that she didn't know that documents were classified it raises questions about why she didn't know after all she was trained in this and its part of her job or there could be the health issue.

The tax point would be valid but Hillary is the system that she says enabled trump and she also takes advantage of the same loophole trump has, would you pay more tax than you have to?
Is it trumps fault that the system that Hillary has been part of for decades means he doesn't owe tax?

Where has scrutiny been on this?
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/marc-turi-libyan-rebels-hillary-clinton-229115

Hillary is bought by the rich and powerful and she has been for years including by nations with stellar human rights records like Saudi.

Hillary knows all about nuclear triads as her foreign policy increases the chances of them needing to be used.
Reply 32
Original post by Josb
No, I wouldn't like it. However, my remark was about men who vocally supported war, whilst they dodged the draft. This is hypocrisy.

You can call it cowardice possibly but it is not hypocrisy, how many of the top democrats did the same? Sanders did it.

It is also nice to see that you use the very broad description of draft dodger that during the Vietnam war alone extends way beyond the 210,000 people charged with dodging the draft to 15.4 million men.

This is what the vet who trump was answering had to say about it "sickening that anyone would twist Mr Trump’s comments."He added: "I took his comments to be thoughtful and understanding of the struggles many veterans have."

Don't rely on one source or multiple sources from the same side to get information.

I find it particularly sickening because Trump is clearly supporting mental health support for veterans of war, treating it as a serious issue, and all that is taken from it is that he is calling them weak for needing it.

It's cutting off your nose to spite your face. Instead of raising it, saying he has a good point and using it as a talking point to discuss the importance of Mental Health, instead it's used to (try) and score a few points against the man while pushing aside a very serious issue.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 34
Original post by Farm_Ecology
I find it particularly sickening because Trump is clearly supporting mental health support for veterans of war, treating it as a serious issue, and all that is taken from it is that he is calling them weak for needing it.

It's cutting off your nose to spite your face. Instead of raising it, saying he has a good point and using it as a talking point to discuss the importance of Mental Health, instead it's used to (try) and score a few points against the man while pushing aside a very serious issue.

The people who are doing don't actually care about supporting veterans so it doesn't matter to them, but you are right he is talking about a serious issue and saying it's a big problem but they don't care about that.

What he said could be criticised for not being clear about what he will do but they don't care about that they prefer to take quotes out of context and it has happened throughout the election.
this is getting beyond parody now.
Lies, Damn Lies, and the Media | Trump and PTSD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xy02Dy4SybA
Before taking the spoon-fed bias by the MSM watch this video that's shows the whole statement, in full, as it was said, and then think about it for yourself.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 36
Original post by AlexanderHam
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/10/04/donald-trump-says-some-veterans-are-not-strong-enough-to-handle/

Yesterday Trump said that the reason some people come back from war with mental-health issues is that they are not "strong" enough.

Purely as a factual matter (as if this needs saying), his comment is wrong; PTSD is a very natural and predictable result of the human brain being exposed to extended periods of stress and fear, to traumatic events, to having to live on adrenaline for months on end. It's yet another example of why this vulgar crook is completely unfit to be president.

Did you read what he actually said or are you just repeating what you have been told?
Let's look at more than the titles and what she has done in he time as First Lady and Secretary of State shall we?

As First Lady she repeatedly silenced victims of her predator husband but since then she has flip flopped to listen and believe.

She labelled black people as super predators but is now apparently the candidate who cares about them.

She reportedly called Jews kikes and people disabled kids retards a flip flop from someone who is for equality for all.

She has flip flopped on 3 strikes and your out when it was popular she backed it but now it is not she is against it even though she helped push it through.

She has pushed for at least 1 illegal war and debatably pushed for the USA to violate it attacking the Libyan ruler of the time which is not what the UN authorised and it was arguably unconstitutional.

We have her emails, there are 3 answers to why she didn't face charges a cover up and with the information coming out this seems possible why would the FBI agree to a deal that limits their search then forces them to destroy the evidence preventing a further investigation when they could of legally got the laptops of 2 top clinton aides? And it took 5 minutes for people on twitter to find similar cases where people were prosecuted and lost security clearance, incompetence if we accept that she didn't know that documents were classified it raises questions about why she didn't know after all she was trained in this and its part of her job or there could be the health issue.

The tax point would be valid but Hillary is the system that she says enabled trump and she also takes advantage of the same loophole trump has, would you pay more tax than you have to?
Is it trumps fault that the system that Hillary has been part of for decades means he doesn't owe tax?

Where has scrutiny been on this?
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/marc-turi-libyan-rebels-hillary-clinton-229115

Hillary is bought by the rich and powerful and she has been for years including by nations with stellar human rights records like Saudi.

Hillary knows all about nuclear triads as her foreign policy increases the chances of them needing to be used.

And despite all that (she also used to be a republican years ago), we know what her government would do in office:
Continue with the status quo, maybe change a few things here and there, but most stuff would stay the same.

Trump was also for the Iraq war by the way and should've paid hundreds of millions in tax. He's also a vile misogynist whose gone bankrupt several times while conning and manipulating the weak and vulnerable, as well as the middle class. He wants to build an utterly pointless wall, strengthen relations with Putin's Russia, decrease tax on the rich....
He's a horrible b*$t@rd
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 38
Original post by cbreef
And despite all that (she also used to be a republican years ago), we know what her government would do in office:
Continue with the status quo, maybe change a few things here and there, but most stuff would stay the same.

Trump was also for the Iraq war by the way and should've paid hundreds of millions in tax. He's also a vile misogynist whose gone bankrupt several times while conning and manipulating the weak and vulnerable, as well as the middle class. He wants to build an utterly pointless wall, strengthen relations with Putin's Russia, decrease tax on the rich....
He's a horrible b*$t@rd

Trump is a businessman sometimes a company goes bankrupt and that would destroy a bad businessman but it didn't to trump.

Why should he of paid hundreds of millions in tax? From what I have heard he has paid the minimum tax he needed to pay, once again I ask you would you pay more tax than you have to?

The legality of Libya is in question because although the UN authorised some intervention countries went beyond what was stated and that arguably broke international law and then there is the fact the democrats ignored the constitution and Hillary was the driving force behind this just so she could be caught doing something look at Libya now if Hillary becomes president that is going to happen more often as she prefers to look like she is doing something rather than doing what is best.

Ok show me his misogynist comments aimed at women not a individual.
Apparently it is misogynist to call Hillary an enabler for what she did to the women her husband's mistresses.

Also the status quo is going so well race relations are getting worse and so is the relationship with Russia
(edited 7 years ago)
You know the tide has turned against Trump. I know the tide has turned against Trump. Secretly, I think Trump knows that the tide has turned against Trump.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending