The Student Room Group

Invited for Primark job interview

A few hours ago I applied for a job interview at Primark online. Now, a few minutes ago I've got an email from them saying they want to see me for an interview! Really nervous! Any tips for the interview and clothing tips?
A strategy that I found works wonders: don't give a damn about the interview. Go in looking nice and presentable and whatnot, but think to yourself "I'de be doing them a favour taking this job, I can find a job anywhere" because honestly, you can if you put your mind to it. Of course, don't be rude or show any attitude, do your research etc.

This will not only will give the impression that you are in demand, but not looking nervous will really go the extra mile for you. It makes you look like you have a lot of experience in this kind of job/situation. It's never failed me and even gotten me a job I was totally unqualified for, turning up to an interview completely underdressed. I absolutely aced all the questions as I just stayed so calm.
Reply 2
Original post by Kürbiskern
A strategy that I found works wonders: don't give a damn about the interview. Go in looking nice and presentable and whatnot, but think to yourself "I'de be doing them a favour taking this job, I can find a job anywhere" because honestly, you can if you put your mind to it. Of course, don't be rude or show any attitude, do your research etc.

This will not only will give the impression that you are in demand, but not looking nervous will really go the extra mile for you. It makes you look like you have a lot of experience in this kind of job/situation. It's never failed me and even gotten me a job I was totally unqualified for, turning up to an interview completely underdressed. I absolutely aced all the questions as I just stayed so calm.

Will try! Cheers. But not really good with interviews tbh. Maybe thats why im so nervous
Original post by FF64_
Will try! Cheers. But not really good with interviews tbh. Maybe thats why im so nervous

lemme know if it works
Reply 4
Original post by FF64_
A few hours ago I applied for a job interview at Primark online. Now, a few minutes ago I've got an email from them saying they want to see me for an interview! Really nervous! Any tips for the interview and clothing tips?
wear a white shirt and black trouser
Reply 5
Original post by senthur
wear a white shirt and black trouser

Yeah thats what im going to do. Ill alsi wear a v neck jumper. Im not nervous about my appearance, its about the questions they ask 😑
When I had my interview it was just basic questions and then it was over, no task on the floor, probably one of the easier interviews i've done

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending