The Student Room Group

Anyone Doing CCEA Politics/History/English A2s?

I'm resitting all my A2s and doing English Lit, History and Politics under CCEA

is anyone else doing any of them?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by remarius

Not doing, but have done all 3 (did English Lit up to A2 but didn't sit the exams). Happy to help if you need anything!
Reply 2
Original post by Airmed
Not doing, but have done all 3 (did English Lit up to A2 but didn't sit the exams). Happy to help if you need anything!

what modules did you do?

I'm lucky in that I did the same module 2 in history and politics last year, but we're doing different module 1s.
History we're doing Clash of ideologies in Europe (which I find tedious as I hate Russian history and love the Irish history) and Politics we're doing Irish Politics as the comparison rather than American (which I love)
Reply 3
what modules did you do?

I'm lucky in that I did the same module 2 in history and politics last year, but we're doing different module 1s.
History we're doing Clash of ideologies in Europe (which I find tedious as I hate Russian history and love the Irish history) and Politics we're doing Irish Politics as the comparison rather than American (which I love)

I didn't do that history module, I did full Ireland for History A2 and it was wonderful :love: Also did that Irish politics module. I absolutely love Irish history and politics.
Reply 4
Original post by Airmed
I didn't do that history module, I did full Ireland for History A2 and it was wonderful :love: Also did that Irish politics module. I absolutely love Irish history and politics.

I did both the Nationalism ones last year and I loved it! so sad we're not doing it in the year I'm resitting, because I enjoyed it so much.

I may ask you for help with the Irish politics at some point though, if that's okay! We've only just started and so far I'm really enjoying it, so much more interesting than the Americans.
Reply 5
I did both the Nationalism ones last year and I loved it! so sad we're not doing it in the year I'm resitting, because I enjoyed it so much.

I may ask you for help with the Irish politics at some point though, if that's okay! We've only just started and so far I'm really enjoying it, so much more interesting than the Americans.

Is there no way you can do it again? :frown: That module is so easy, since it is basically AS History.

That's fine! I study Politics at uni, and I am also doing a Contemporary Politics in Ireland module next semester that I just can't wait for. Want to do my dissertation on Ireland. :colondollar:
Reply 6
Original post by Airmed
Is there no way you can do it again? :frown: That module is so easy, since it is basically AS History.

That's fine! I study Politics at uni, and I am also doing a Contemporary Politics in Ireland module next semester that I just can't wait for. Want to do my dissertation on Ireland. :colondollar:

I think that's why we're doing it. I possibly may have to resit my AS history as well though, as I got an E in Russia and a B in Germany (I was a C overall somehow) and I think the E is pulling me down. I had an awful teacher for Russia, who stopped turning up about 3 weeks into the Germany course and we had a cover teacher come in, which I think is why I did so well in Germany.

What uni are you at? I'm having to chose this year and I don't really want to study in the UK so I haven't looked into them, I'm aiming for UCD (I'm actually doing 3 A2s and 1 fast track A Level this year) and as long as I can sort the GCSE language thing out I'm hopefully on track to do either politics or history there. I've looked at Stirling and Edinburgh as well as some English and Welsh ones, but they look fairly boring as I want to do Irish politics and more global politics. I know UCD do Irish and EU in the first 2 years, but they don't do South African as a choice for 3rd year sadly, but their course seems to interest me more than others. And they don't do anything on Russia or the Cold War, which is an added bonus.
Reply 7
I think that's why we're doing it. I possibly may have to resit my AS history as well though, as I got an E in Russia and a B in Germany (I was a C overall somehow) and I think the E is pulling me down. I had an awful teacher for Russia, who stopped turning up about 3 weeks into the Germany course and we had a cover teacher come in, which I think is why I did so well in Germany.

What uni are you at? I'm having to chose this year and I don't really want to study in the UK so I haven't looked into them, I'm aiming for UCD (I'm actually doing 3 A2s and 1 fast track A Level this year) and as long as I can sort the GCSE language thing out I'm hopefully on track to do either politics or history there. I've looked at Stirling and Edinburgh as well as some English and Welsh ones, but they look fairly boring as I want to do Irish politics and more global politics. I know UCD do Irish and EU in the first 2 years, but they don't do South African as a choice for 3rd year sadly, but their course seems to interest me more than others. And they don't do anything on Russia or the Cold War, which is an added bonus.

I'm at Dundee. Unfortunately here they have slashed a lot of Irish politics but the guy who runs the module I plan to do is from N.I and is really enthusiastic about it. Mentions home in every lecture. :laugh: it's a great uni for global politics. I'm doing a module on EU USA relations, there is a lot of middle east modules in 4th year etc.

UCD sounds great though. I didn't have tbe points due to personal stuff but I skipped a year at Dundee because my A Levels were still pretty good.
Reply 8
Original post by Airmed
I'm at Dundee. Unfortunately here they have slashed a lot of Irish politics but the guy who runs the module I plan to do is from N.I and is really enthusiastic about it. Mentions home in every lecture. :laugh: it's a great uni for global politics. I'm doing a module on EU USA relations, there is a lot of middle east modules in 4th year etc.

UCD sounds great though. I didn't have tbe points due to personal stuff but I skipped a year at Dundee because my A Levels were still pretty good.

I think for UCD I need to be getting around 420 points, and if I can pull my grades up to ABBD (BCD atm) it gives me 430 but I didn't do a language at GCSE so I need to speak to them about that as apparently you need it for any BA courses.

I'm looking into Scottish unis as well because you can skip Year 1 if you have good enough grades! How did you put that down on UCAS, or do they just offer it dependent on grades?
I know Stirling want ABB to start in year 2, which is what I'm aiming for anyway, but I'll look into Dundee as well and see what their modules are like :biggrin:
Reply 9
I think for UCD I need to be getting around 420 points, and if I can pull my grades up to ABBD (BCD atm) it gives me 430 but I didn't do a language at GCSE so I need to speak to them about that as apparently you need it for any BA courses.

I'm looking into Scottish unis as well because you can skip Year 1 if you have good enough grades! How did you put that down on UCAS, or do they just offer it dependent on grades?
I know Stirling want ABB to start in year 2, which is what I'm aiming for anyway, but I'll look into Dundee as well and see what their modules are like :biggrin:

I think NI students are excluded from the language thing because in the south it's compulsory to do Irish up to Junior Cert?

You put down 2 in the year of entry box on UCAS when you put in that particular uni. Dundee's grades are the same, I got AABa at A Level.
Reply 10
Original post by Airmed
I think NI students are excluded from the language thing because in the south it's compulsory to do Irish up to Junior Cert?

You put down 2 in the year of entry box on UCAS when you put in that particular uni. Dundee's grades are the same, I got AABa at A Level.

You need a GCSE in English, Maths and another language for a BA at UCD, which I never did because essentially my French grammar was so poor and I was trying and getting nowhere. As it's a result of missing school and struggling with language due to ADD, I may be able to get an exemption but I need to speak to them.

Ah okay! Yeah, that makes sense and I'll try that!
Reply 11
You need a GCSE in English, Maths and another language for a BA at UCD, which I never did because essentially my French grammar was so poor and I was trying and getting nowhere. As it's a result of missing school and struggling with language due to ADD, I may be able to get an exemption but I need to speak to them.

Ah okay! Yeah, that makes sense and I'll try that!

Oh UCD. Definitely speak to them though :yep:

I do all 3 of them. its pretty brutal
can anyone here tell me if you need a conclusion for the pressure group essay
Original post by mh717177171
can anyone here tell me if you need a conclusion for the pressure group essay

Yes you do it is vital for top tier marks
Original post by charlotteslope
Yes you do it is vital for top tier marks

Is it also for the Norther Ireland 15 marker since it just said explain three areas where theres still disagreement and you cant really conclude on an explanation
Is it also for the Norther Ireland 15 marker since it just said explain three areas where theres still disagreement and you cant really conclude on an explanation

What did I just say? Yes you do need it for top marks if you didn't include it you'll probably drop around 6 marks
What did I just say? Yes you do need it for top marks if you didn't include it you'll probably drop around 6 marks

aww sure what can you do be grand
aww sure what can you do be grand

Shut up you idiot
Shut up you idiot

chill out idk really how people run out of time in exams either ://////

Quick Reply

Latest