The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

2017 Uni of Bristol applicants mega-thread

Scroll to see replies

Course applying: Economics and Mathematics
A2 Predictions: A*AA in Maths, Further Maths and Economics
Extracurriculars: Prefect, badminton, maths challenges (Gold), entered essay competition, read economics and maths books, NCS, DofE
Also applying to: LSE (doubt I'd get it), UCL, Warwick, QMUL
(edited 7 years ago)
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Original post by heffalumpys
Just got an offer from Bristol which is pretty exciting, anyone else get any offers yet??

Wooo, congrats!:biggrin:
I just got an offer for history! :tongue:
Original post by mahmzo
How did you get an offer so early??? Ours dont get sent until november. What course did you apply for???

Schools submit them at different times I guess, and mine was just earlier - I don't think it's for better of for worse. I applied for history :smile:
Original post by tyunnos
Wooo, congrats!:biggrin:
I just got an offer for history! :tongue:

Congrats to you too, I'm also History! Perhaps only the history department is doing offers right now.. was yours A*AA?
Original post by heffalumpys
Congrats to you too, I'm also History! Perhaps only the history department is doing offers right now.. was yours A*AA?

Oooh wehey! Good subject choice!:tongue:
Mine was the contextual one, AAB.
Yourself?
Reply 85
Original post by tyunnos
Yourself?

Hey i am appying for aerospace engineering. How does the contexual work? My school is eligible i know.
Original post by mahmzo
Hey i am appying for aerospace engineering. How does the contexual work? My school is eligible i know.

If you went to a school on this year's Contextual School list, and they decide to make you an offer, you will get the lower offer. It is that simple.
Original post by tyunnos
Yourself?

ooh nice! No, I got the A*AA offer so I'm hoping this will work as motivation.. Where else have you applied?? :smile:
Reply 88
How seriously do they consider GCSE grades? I didn't do too great in mine because of personal issues but my AS grades were good (AABB) and my predicted grades are A*AA. I'm applying for Psychology in Education.
Original post by soooo0
How seriously do they consider GCSE grades? I didn't do too great in mine because of personal issues but my AS grades were good (AABB) and my predicted grades are A*AA. I'm applying for Psychology in Education.

There's a University document floating about with the weighting given to A-levels, p/s, GCSE's etc. If I can find it I'll post it. From memory GCSE's only constitute about 10% of the decision, personal statement was highest at about 40%-50%.
Reply 90
Original post by Random_PC_Errors
There's a University document floating about with the weighting given to A-levels, p/s, GCSE's etc. If I can find it I'll post it. From memory GCSE's only constitute about 10% of the decision, personal statement was highest at about 40%-50%.

And @soooo0

http://www.bristol.ac.uk/study/media/undergraduate/admissions-statements/2017/education.pdf

compare with
http://www.bristol.ac.uk/study/media/undergraduate/admissions-statements/2017/psychology.pdf
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 91
Hi everyone,
I received an unconditional offer and I accepted it.However, i did not yet hear anything from the uni even though i received the confirmation letter(on UCAS track) several days ago.Is this normal? (by the way, im an International applicant)
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by SDJ2000
Hi everyone,
I received an unconditional offer and I accepted it.However, i did not yet hear anything from the uni even though i received the confirmation letter(on UCAS track) several days ago.Is this normal? (by the way, im an International applicant)

Unless you only applied to only one Uni (ie. one choice) then you have to wait for ALL your decisions to come through before you can make a Firm choice.
Reply 94
Original post by returnmigrant
Unless you only applied to only one Uni (ie. one choice) then you have to wait for ALL your decisions to come through before you can make a Firm choice.

I withdrew the other unis before i accepted the offer from Bristol
Original post by SDJ2000
I withdrew the other unis before i accepted the offer from Bristol

All you will get is a confirming email at this stage - any other info will come to you a great deal later in the year!
Reply 96
Original post by returnmigrant
All you will get is a confirming email at this stage - any other info will come to you a great deal later in the year!

Thanks! !:u:
Got an offer for economics at Bristol, surely this means Bristol will accept my offer for economics and finance which is a lower grade requirement, and is my exact target grades
Reply 98
Can someone tell me how likely i am to get an offer?
i got ABC at AS however i am predicted A*AA (Too complicated to say, but lets just say my AS results shouldve been AAB lol )

I am applying for aerospace enginering, the requirements are A*AA.

I have quite a strong PS
I'm applying for BSc Sociology (and sociology with year abroad) for 2017 start, but my AS grades were pretty bad (CDD) because of family problems in the run up to exam season.
My teachers have told me that they will mention my circumstances re my AS grades in their references, and I'm still predicted the ABB that I need to get an offer, but will my AS grades affect my chances of getting an offer?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending