The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CAC
Quick question. Does anyone know when the banks will reveal the actual dates of the spring week programs? If they have already stated it, does anyone know where I can find it? I'm having trouble finding the dates of the actual programs, I'm trying to look for clashes. Thanks*

when offers start to come out
Is it right no more banks have opened applications in the last couple of weeks?! Can't seem to see any new openings!
Who should we be addressing our cover letters to? Thanks :smile:
Reply 1123
Original post by economicss
Who should we be addressing our cover letters to? Thanks :smile:

Pretty sure I saw someone more knowledgeable than myself say 'Dear Sir/Madam' is fine.
Guys - you know in the JP Morgan application where they ask about a recent news article and how it relates to JP - Are they referring to the markets/economics/finance side of things or the social/political/anything really? Just want to see if I'm missing something, thank you.
Original post by sugar & spice
Guys - you know in the JP Morgan application where they ask about a recent news article and how it relates to JP - Are they referring to the markets/economics/finance side of things or the social/political/anything really? Just want to see if I'm missing something, thank you.

Anything that could be related to J.P. Morgan.

Posted from TSR Mobile
When does this typically start to happen?
Original post by Princepieman
when offers start to come out
When does this typically start to happen?

depends

anything and how it could relate to JPM and their clients
Hi guys, does anyone know if GS allows 2nd year stuents on a 3 year course to apply for their spring week given than i plan to do a 1 year master and graduate in 2019 ?
How important are cover letters and the capability questions for the application, do recruiters actually read them properly? Thanks :smile:

cover letters: don't make grammatical and spelling errors. don't put the wrong bank name down. don't just copy paste the bank name without changing details pertaining to that specific bank. they're not that important, usually are only seen as a reason to reject rather than a reason to push to the next stage

competency questions on the other hand are actually very important
Original post by bobb99998
Does anybody know of CITI or BARCAP spring weeks yet?

Plus how many have you guys applied so far?

Cover letter - are you guys putting yours and the banks address on it and starting like My name is bob smith I am x student at y university in my z year.

finally are you saying

enclosure: CV/resume

Barc is Nov, Citi isn't open yet.

Yeah that should be fine

it's not necessary to put the line about enclosing your CV
How many words is best for a cover letter? Thanks :smile:

300-500
Whens everyone planning on doing most of their applications?

mid to late October, early Nov for the apps that open in Nov and GS in Dec as it's non-rolling
Original post by audy
for BAML spring week, is it only for those who graduate in 2018?

Are people going to write a Deutsche cover letter and attach it with the CV or just do the mandatory questions they ask you? Thanks :smile:

no point, you'd be creating extra work for the HR team by doing that. just focus on the application questions
Original post by kalambay
Hi guys, does anyone know if GS allows 2nd year stuents on a 3 year course to apply for their spring week given than i plan to do a 1 year master and graduate in 2019 ?

yes.
Reply 1137
JPM is aparently non-rolling this year. Spoke to recruiters at the campus event and they said it's ok to apply in November. Anyone else heared the same?
Original post by ndm11
JPM is aparently non-rolling this year. Spoke to recruiters at the campus event and they said it's ok to apply in November. Anyone else heared the same?

recruiters said ibd was a mentally stimulating environment
Original post by ndm11

It was non-rolling last year too apparently

Latest