The Student Room Group

Am I being unreasonable?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by pickup
OK so now is the time to think hard.

Most unwanted pregnancies happen ( by definition) when neither of you is planning to have sex. Think. It is most likely to happen when you meet up after a separation, the hormones are flowing, you are both delighted to see each other.

The grown up thing is to avoid this possibility by taking preventative action. Are you serious about this chap? Because one of the best ways of ruining a relationship is to throw a spanner in the works by becoming pregnant. It will force decisions on you both that neither of you is ready to take. Will you get married - is he / are you too young? Will you have to bring up the baby on your own - too young, too poor? Will he have to leave Uni without any qualifications? Will your plans for Uni have to be postponed? - and it may damage the relationship with your parents who thought they had done with that sort of responsibility years ago. Will you have an abortion? Will you resent him for the rest of your life? Will he resent you for the rest of his life? ( but be tied together by a child for ever. )

Perhaps a quick visit to your GP, a family planning clinic etc. is a better option than any of these ? In relationships as much as in anything else the motto is - fail to plan, plan to fail.

Wow, yes I can see where you're coming from completely, especially the part about seeing each other after a while.

I was planning to get on the pill soon anyway to try and help with my acne, but taking it for the main purpose would obviously be the main thing. We're both sensible people, he was in fact the one who brought up protection i.e condoms and what not, so I think it shows that's he's willing to be responsible on his part, so I should be too.

Thank you for your response. It gave me a lot to think about. When he comes back from uni, I think it'd be a good idea to go to a clinic together to get things sorted.
Great - book an appointment now.
Original post by pickup
Great - book an appointment now.

Will do.
Original post by ellavanderbilt
I guess you're right. Thank you for your input.

You're welcome :biggrin:
It's because you're a child and so she probably thinks you're being completely over dramatic and pretentious and thinks that more likely than not you guys are going to break up at some point.

Aaaaand shes probably right. Stop being hung up on your teenage relationship and live your life.
Original post by Anonymous
It's because you're a child and so she probably thinks you're being completely over dramatic and pretentious and thinks that more likely than not you guys are going to break up at some point.

Aaaaand shes probably right. Stop being hung up on your teenage relationship and live your life.

That's rather rude to the OP isn't it? How is she being over dramatic by wanting to go and see her boyfriend for a couple of days?
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=67872120&t=4340522#post67872120

An extension on this post.

I've tried talking to my mum about all of the worries that she's having. She has literally said if you go to see him, don't come back.

I don't even know how to respond?!!
Original post by ellavanderbilt
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=67872120&t=4340522#post67872120

An extension on this post.

I've tried talking to my mum about all of the worries that she's having. She has literally said if you go to see him, don't come back.

I don't even know how to respond?!!

Merged this into your other thread.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending