The Student Room Group

What degree and where?

Hi All,
So I'm really interested in investment banking and its something I would love to go into. I'm taking Physics, Maths and Chemistry at A Level, and I've been predicted AA*A respectively, but looking at courses I'm not sure which would be the most ideal to go into investment banking with. I'm looking potentially at Econ, Physics and Chemistry at possibly UCL, LSE or Bristol. However I'd love some input as to what would be the best most helpful degree for me to take, and where are the best possible places I can go with my grades which would further my goal of going into investment banking?
Thanks for taking the time :smile:
Reply 1
The degree doesn't matter but try to go to the best university you can get into
Reply 2
Original post by Trapz99
The degree doesn't matter but try to go to the best university you can get into

With my predicted grades of A*AA what target universities do you think I could realistically get offers from?
Also is it an advantage to do an Economics degree instead of a science degree?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by james0902
With my predicted grades of A*AA what target universities do you think I could realistically get offers from?
Also is it an advantage to do an Economics degree instead of a science degree?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No it's not an advantage. You could apply to any of the target universities. It depends on what course you want to apply to.
Reply 4
Original post by Trapz99
No it's not an advantage. You could apply to any of the target universities. It depends on what course you want to apply to.

Do you mean to say if I applied for Physics at Oxford I'd stand a chance with my grades? (I only got 6A*s 4As and 2Bs at gcse)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by james0902
Do you mean to say if I applied for Physics at Oxford I'd stand a chance with my grades? (I only got 6A*s 4As and 2Bs at gcse)

Posted from TSR Mobile

You'll have a chance, not a great chance but a chance.
maths at cambridge
Arts at new bucks uni
Gender & Sexuality Studies at Bard College

Posted from TSR Mobile
I would say economics at Oxbridge or LSE

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending