The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ak143244
Yeah sorry, typo mistake
How was your day?

You okay?

It was good, alhamdulillah. I was working the late shift, but that meant that I could sleep in this morning and avoid the morning rush hour :h:

How has you're day been?
can't watch due to the humming in the background (it really annoys me for some reason)
Original post by ash92:)
It was good, alhamdulillah. I was working the late shift, but that meant that I could sleep in this morning and avoid the morning rush hour :h:

How has you're day been?

Salaam, what do you work as/where? Can PM me if you don't want to disclose here. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3064
Original post by Zamestaneh
Alawii are not Muslim - they believe Ali (RA) is a manifestation of Allah, which takes them out of the fold of Islam. In Western sources, they are classed as a branch of Islam, but in reality that just means that they originally were influenced by it, but that does not mean they have any Islamic link. They originate from Shia but have diverted that bit too far away from Shi'ism to be considered a sect of Islam.

The hatred between the Shia and Sunnis goes back centuries, and it will not stop until the end days. Unfortunately to say that Allah is one, and Muhammad (SAW) is the messenger of Allah is not always sufficient to avoid conflict, or perhaps you might like to argue that we should not fight the Khawarij (like ISIS)? The differences between Sunnis and Shia is too great, and the way we understand the Quran is not even the same. The Ummah can only unite on the haqq, and to be united on the haqq is to have the same aqeedah. Unity with one another when not on the truth is how Islam destroys itself from within. An interesting observation I have from watching speakers on YouTube: the speakers from the deviant groups are the ones who call for unity the most, whereas those who I would say have more correct beliefs tend to say that we can only unite on the truth and on good.

Akhi, you said that we should all believe in the Quran and the messenger in your previous post, and what scholars do is using the Quran and the sayings of the messenger in order to assess if groups or figures are calling people astray or to the truth. To tell people to stay away from such and such (e.g. Nawaz) is for the benefit of the Muslims so that they do not lose their Islam. The issue is that some people become harsh or hard of heart when dealing with others (which is probably what you are angry with), but do not be deceived just because someone seems nice. Majid Nawaz actively and publically calls people to falsehood but brands it as Islam, getting support from other hypocrites and ex-Muslims, so he is a munafiq.

nawaz is practicing muslim as much as you or anyone on this thread- he simply calls for muslims to release the tarnished image of being fanatical or flirting with violent extremist ideology. it might seem exiting and 'edgy' to the average online bedroom bound teenager , but he has experience firsthand involved in global islamist networks and how they left him and his friends hung out to dry when they had finished making use of him. youd be wise to heed his warning rather than simplistically dismiss him as 'a munafiq'
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3067
Original post by Reformed
well you cant deny its an amusing suggestion- not the first thought that springs to mind when thinking of Isoc- which must have the mods removing more posts than any other thread

I don't think I agree. If there are more trolls on here then what can the mods do? You should complain to them if you have a problem. Anyway, is it only ISOC you are interested in or do you do the same to others and question/debate them on their scripture etc?
Original post by h333
I don't think I agree. If there are more trolls on here then what can the mods do? You should complain to them if you have a problem. Anyway, is it only ISOC you are interested in or do you do the same to others and question/debate them on their scripture etc?

well i certainly dont post here for a debate, that isnt what the thread is for - certainly all things islamic are discussed here i suppose there will be thing posted that some agree with and some do not. personally i would say isoc is not really a bastion of tollerance of other views
personally i would say isoc is not really a bastion of tollerance of other views

I dont know... because it's called 'ISOC'. A place for people to congregate with equal views...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ash92:)

How has you're day been?

So sorry for the late reply. I went sleep, woke up and just came back from college. My day has been good so far, just going through some work now.
Original post by h333
Good and bless you, get some rest. I was off today. Aah I see, yeah can be tiring travelling, is your college far?

Sorry for late reply :frown:
Yeah it is, 30 min drive from home to my college.
There's a college which is 2 mins from my house but I don't want to go to that one bacause they don't do the courses that I want.
Reply 3072
well i certainly dont post here for a debate, that isnt what the thread is for - certainly all things islamic are discussed here i suppose there will be thing posted that some agree with and some do not. personally i would say isoc is not really a bastion of tollerance of other views

AFAIK many trolls and posts have been tolerated on here giving the best response members can at that time (some more calm than others), although they did not have to at all. Some may have reported posts instead without giving any response and left it to the mods. Hence, at the end of the day the mods decide (if I am not wrong) and so you're saying they are not doing their job right or what?

"personally" is the right word you used.

Most (if not all) members on here are very welcoming but it is when one starts trolling or on purpose looking to provoke members, things can go in the wrong direction for a moment.

Anyway, seems like you are interested in this thread, and that is great :smile:

Sorry for late reply :frown:
Yeah it is, 30 min drive from home to my college.
There's a college which is 2 mins from my house but I don't want to go to that one bacause they don't do the courses that I want.

It is fine :smile: as I said before no need to apologise or feel bad, bless.
Aha, what a shame they don't, would have been so much easier for you. Dw once you get used to it, you will be fine insha'Allah.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by h333
AFAIK many trolls and posts have been tolerated on here giving the best response members can at that time (some more calm than others), although they did not have to at all. Some may have reported posts instead without giving any response and left it to the mods. Hence, at the end of the day the mods decide (if I am not wrong) and so you're saying they are not doing their job right or what?

"personally" is the right word you used.

Most (if not all) members on here are very welcoming but it is when one starts trolling or on purpose looking to provoke members, things can go in the wrong direction for a moment.

Anyway, seems like you are interested in this thread, and that is great :smile:

It is fine :smile: as I said before no need to apologise or feel bad, bless.
Aha, what a shame they don't, would have been so much easier for you. Dw once you get used to it, you will be fine insha'Allah.

Okay, I apologise too much. (about to say sorry again)
Hmm. I know right. I hope so, inshallah. How has your day been?
Reply 3074
Okay, I apologise too much. (about to say sorry again)
Hmm. I know right. I hope so, inshallah. How has your day been?

:lol: I am actually the same dw, so I get you with apologising thing.
Alhamdulillah good, thanks for asking :smile:
Original post by h333
:lol: I am actually the same dw, so I get you with apologising thing.
Alhamdulillah good, thanks for asking :smile:

Haha.
Cool you're in college or in uni?
Reply 3076
Haha.
Cool you're in college or in uni?

Uni :smile: sorry I can't say no more.
Do you like your college? If yes then you will be fine even if it is far away insha'Allah.
Original post by h333
Uni :smile: sorry I can't say no more.
Do you like your college? If yes then you will be fine even if it is far away insha'Allah.

No it's okay. I was just wondering. I wasn't going to ask which uni and other stuff coz that's personal.
Yeah it's really good. You meet someone new every day. Inshallah.
Brb I need to pray my Maghrib. Kudafiz for now :smile:
So sorry for the late reply. I went sleep, woke up and just came back from college. My day has been good so far, just going through some work now.

No worries bro :smile:

Good to hear :yep:
Reply 3079
No it's okay. I was just wondering. I wasn't going to ask which uni and other stuff coz that's personal.
Yeah it's really good. You meet someone new every day. Inshallah.
Brb I need to pray my Maghrib. Kudafiz for now :smile:

Great to know :h:
May Allah accept your prayers. Ameen :smile:
Your username reminds me of my bro lmao.
(edited 7 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending