The Student Room Group

Psychology resit as level

So I'm resitting Psychology AS level in which i got a C
I'm now resitting the October/November exams and I want to get an A
What study techniques or revision guides/tips do you suggest I use? Please please help me :/
Reply 1
Original post by Gloriaaaaa
So I'm resitting Psychology AS level in which i got a C
I'm now resitting the October/November exams and I want to get an A
What study techniques or revision guides/tips do you suggest I use? Please please help me :/

Hi Gloria. One technique I found useful was drawing mindmaps. My mindmap links all the theories, studies and evaluation together so that it would give me a bigger picture making it easier for me to glance through. Looking at the MARK SCHEME would also help out a lot. By looking at the mark scheme, you know what the examiners are looking out for in your answers and so you won't lose marks unnecessarily.
Listen to music that does not have lyrics when you are studying because it may distract you, I like to listen to movie soundtracks like Lord of the Rings. The Piano Guys is also a good choice of music when you are studying. It would be even better if you don't listen to music at all.
Lastly, try to do practice papers again and again within the time limit. Most of my friends did not practice completing the paper within the stipulated time and so they had problems in the exam with time management.
You can do it!!!:smile:
-Gabrielle
Know what you're being marked on and how you're being marked.

Do you know which command words are associated to which AO?

Mark schemes and examiner reports are good to read as they discuss the most common errors and provide model answers.
Reply 3
I have to ask... how are you retaking in October/ November? There are no AS/A' level resits then??
Reply 4
Original post by Ubername
I have to ask... how are you retaking in October/ November? There are no AS/A' level resits then??

Actually there are :smile:
I do Cambridge International Examinations so there are the original exam dates - May/June and then there are resist in October/November which I'm doing in two weeks from now.
Reply 5
Actually there are :smile:
I do Cambridge International Examinations so there are the original exam dates - May/June and then there are resist in October/November which I'm doing in two weeks from now.

I live and learn!! Thank you, I didn't realise any exam boards were doing them! Good luck :biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Ubername
I live and learn!! Thank you, I didn't realise any exam boards were doing them! Good luck :biggrin:

hahahaha it's ok :biggrin: Thank you!!!
Reply 7
Original post by Gabygum
Hi Gloria. One technique I found useful was drawing mindmaps. My mindmap links all the theories, studies and evaluation together so that it would give me a bigger picture making it easier for me to glance through. Looking at the MARK SCHEME would also help out a lot. By looking at the mark scheme, you know what the examiners are looking out for in your answers and so you won't lose marks unnecessarily.
Listen to music that does not have lyrics when you are studying because it may distract you, I like to listen to movie soundtracks like Lord of the Rings. The Piano Guys is also a good choice of music when you are studying. It would be even better if you don't listen to music at all.
Lastly, try to do practice papers again and again within the time limit. Most of my friends did not practice completing the paper within the stipulated time and so they had problems in the exam with time management.
You can do it!!!:smile:
-Gabrielle

I've actually been following your advice this past few weeks its been going great haha!
Thank you :smile:
Reply 8
I've actually been following your advice this past few weeks its been going great haha!
Thank you :smile:

That's great to hear Gloria! Take care!:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending