The Student Room Group

Chess Player calls for Boycott of Iranian Tournament over Womens Rights

Edit: Sorry, wrong thread
(edited 6 years ago)
"Nazi chess player". :rofl3:

I wonder if she minds her name.
This is the first time I've agreed with a Nazi.
10/10 clickbait title :laugh:
The Iranian wowsers are upsetting footballers too:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/iran-clerics-demand-world-cup-8989163

This, astonishingly, is over mourning the death of Mohammed's grandson who died in 680AD at the battle of Karbala! Imagine having to publicly mourn the death of Caedwalla of Wessex, who reigned at about the same time.
Reply 5
It's surprising that there is a chess championship for women and that it is considered a "sport".

However, I'm not surprised by that:
"Since talking about her plans to boycott the event, Nazi has faced criticism claiming that she doesn't understand Islamic culture and Iranian society." :facepalm:
Unless it is Chess Boxing it doesn't count as a sport. And yes, Chess Boxing is an actual sport.

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Good bloke
The Iranian wowsers are upsetting footballers too

Ten points for using the word wowsers. Is there anyone under the age of about 90 (other than you and me, obviously) who would know that word? Or has it made a resurgence in some regional area?
Any minute now hoards of TSR feminists will be along to support Nazi and condemn this pratice.......honestly.......
(edited 7 years ago)
I did Nazi that coming.
"Nazi has been accused of not understanding Islamic culture or Iranian society."

Oh I think she perfectly understands it and sees how vile it is. and just becaue it is culture does not mean it cannot be bad. If we kept to all culture we would be still sacrificing animals to the gods and settling matters with a good Fight
Im telling you....any minute now....hoards of em........honestly.......They wouldn't ignore it and throw Nazi under the bus.
Original post by caravaggio2
Any minute now hoards of TSR feminists will be along to support Nazi and condemn this pratice.......honestly.......

image.jpeg
Original post by AperfectBalance
"Nazi has been accused of not understanding Islamic culture or Iranian society."

Oh I think she perfectly understands it and sees how vile it is. and just becaue it is culture does not mean it cannot be bad. If we kept to all culture we would be still sacrificing animals to the gods and settling matters with a good Fight

Preceisely.*

You's gots to respect other cultures innit. All cultures are of equal worth. Even though some people cut off albino peoples' limbs for magic medicine and sacrifice people to sun gods. *

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending