The Student Room Group

Life is so underwhelming

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Because I don't really like many people to be honest. I am naturally very deceptive, usually just to make my own life easier, this is one thing which annoys me the most because sometimes I even do it to the people I love the most.

I'm sure you are nicer than you are making out.
Original post by WoodyMKC
Quite the opposite for me, I wish I could take more on but I just don't have the energy.

You are a lucky person then, I envy you.
Original post by Captain Jack
I'm sure you are nicer than you are making out.

You would think... But that would prove my point.
You are a lucky person then, I envy you.

I f***ing ain't :rofl: I'd do anything for a quiet life tbh, or just to feel more up to doing things.
Everything is underwhelming, nothing is exciting. What is the point.

Just started Uni- very underwhelming, just an extension of college but means you can p**sed everyday (if you can afford it).

Tried out for a sports team for the first time- found it incredibly underwhelming and boring, quit after 1 session.

Never get excited to meet friends anymore, going out anywhere is almost undoubtedly going to be underwhelming and I would rather just stay at home on my own.

I could go on but don't want to bore you, basically life is underwhelming, I have not experienced excitement for some time now.

Life is what you make of it; cliche but true.

Go hang-gliding or something
dangit wish i was in your situation. I really dislike my A levels at the moment purely because of the sheer workload. ALL my teachers set end of topic tests at essentially the same time. i have about 6 in the space of 2 days then another 2 next week. Plus the extreme amount of revision needed for me to actually understand physics.

Literally if i was in your situation i would just read ahead in what im studying. after all, id be studying what i enjoy the most so the more i learn the happier i am really :smile:
Original post by S1939
Rip off Britain should have a whole segment dedicated to it lol

Indeed. £30,000 down, first-class STEM degree and I couldn't even get a job as a lab tech.
No it's not. It's about your genetics, environment, how much money you have and who you know.
Original post by cheesefan
No it's not. It's about your genetics, environment, how much money you have and who you know.

That's the pessimistic view :wink:
You make your own luck in life
You would think... But that would prove my point.

We'll see. Most people go through periods of how you are feeling tbh. And the fact you started this thread means you have been thinking about it, which makes you aware of it. If you were truly not nice, you wouldn't have done any of that. But it's your life to do what you want with. I reckon you should open up more with other people. It's hard to do at first but becomes easier. Almost everyone is a bit different in reality. There is no normal.

And if you genuinely are bored of life, I'd stick with my original recommendation of going on holiday to experience something completely new.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Reality Check
This is an interesting view on antidepressants. They're not toxic (no more toxic than any other drugs) and have few side effects. However, the 'emotions only they want me to' bit is curious to me - who is 'they'? And why would 'they' want you to be expressing particular types of emotions?

I really hope you can find someone in real life (i.e. not this forum) to talk to about this.

The naivety on this website is truely astounding. You clearly know nothing about antidepressants as beyond SSRIs, many of them have serious side effects which don't go away.
Get in the real world kid.
Get in the real world kid.

I'm 22 and I'm independent financially. Plenty in the real world thanks :u:
The naivety on this website is truely astounding. You clearly know nothing about antidepressants as beyond SSRIs, many of them have serious side effects which don't go away.

Please don't assume you know what I know, there's a good boy.
we all thought you were a lot younger
Original post by Little Popcorns
we all thought you were a lot younger

It seems to be default assumption on these forums :tongue:

You're only as young (or old) as you feel in any case
yes something like that!
Original post by Little Popcorns
yes something like that!

I do things by my own time, not by the time that is socially expected of me
angrily and redheadedly!
i used the feel the same and then i did heroin

Quick Reply