The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MrsSheldonCooper

AaaaaAAAAAaaa@@@@Aaaah I'm stressing now!!!! Have you sent yours off??
Original post by Christie_xx
Woah it sounds like everyone else's teachers are being really stingy with the predicted grades! My teachers just predicted me 4 A*s, I didn't even have to bug them about it (at least not that much :colondollar:)

Awesome job! I've got 3A*s predicted, but I think I may be the only one in my school :P What unis are you applying to?
Original post by ImagineCats
AaaaaAAAAAaaa@@@@Aaaah I'm stressing now!!!! Have you sent yours off??

are you going to firm swansea?
Original post by Lauren1498x
It's being sent off tomorrow as I'm applying for Oxford and our school goes on holiday tomorrow 😬 I've got 3 paragraphs one history, one politics and then another economics. I've mixed them all together and linked them all in each paragraph saying how they help my understanding of the others, bring my interest from a different angle etc. They're not just completely seperate paragraphs but more like in order to fully understanding one, you need knowledge of one of the others to help... The other unis I phoned thought this may actually strengthen my application or just wouldn't matter at all so Warwick was completely different. I guess all I've really got is decent grades and predicted grades lol

The way you did it seems perfect. I really cannot understand why Warwick would take issue with this. Even at Oxford one of the Law tutors said he had no problem with people discussing more than one subject in their PS as they understand you're applying to 4 other course too!

Good luck with your Oxford application btw
Original post by cami.w
are you going to firm swansea?

Yep
Original post by teenhorrorstory
The way you did it seems perfect. I really cannot understand why Warwick would take issue with this. Even at Oxford one of the Law tutors said he had no problem with people discussing more than one subject in their PS as they understand you're applying to 4 other course too!

Good luck with your Oxford application btw

ahh this calmed my nerves hehe! And thank you!!:smile:
Original post by ImagineCats
Yep

awesome, i was so excited to get my offer today, best of luck :smile:
I'm far too lazy to search this thread yet, has anyone got offers from anywhere yet?

I lit. only just sent my app off so I'm wondering which ones are likely to get back first (out of Sheffield, Leeds, Manchester, Birmingham, Nottingham) x)
Original post by Inexorably
I'm far too lazy to search this thread yet, has anyone got offers from anywhere yet?

I lit. only just sent my app off so I'm wondering which ones are likely to get back first (out of Sheffield, Leeds, Manchester, Birmingham, Nottingham) x)

People have been getting offers from Liverpool, Bath, York, Swansea and Sheffield and I think a few others. My friend got an invitation to an interview at Manchester today as well (physics)
Original post by dfbenjamin
People have been getting offers from Liverpool, Bath, York, Swansea and Sheffield and I think a few others. My friend got an invitation to an interview at Manchester today as well (physics)

Ahh goodd Sheffield are gonna be my firm so I'm hoping they get back quick to me too.

I really hope I don't ahve to go to an interview at Manchester :tongue: UCAS warned me about it and it's the only university where it said I might have to do that.

Thanks for eplying
Original post by returnmigrant
This is totally wrong. NO University 'runs out of offers', leaving none left for later applicants. This is simply NOT how it works!

As applications roll-in, they are scored/assessed and 'ranked'. Top scorers will get offers with others placed on Hold, and gradually, up until January, offers will be made going down that ranking list with new applications being offered or slotted in as appropriate.

This why, despite applying in October, some applicants wont get a decision until March or April, as that is when final offers are given out.

All applications received before the Jan deadline get equal consideration. UCAS wouldn't tolerate anything else and all Universities are scrupulous about sticking to this.

Apologies, this was just the impression I'd been given for years :s-smilie: thanks for clearing that up!
Got acknowledgment from Edinburgh :redface:

No reply from others yet
Original post by dfbenjamin

I think Newcastle and Bristol as well if I remember correctly.
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Out of these choices which ones are the quickest with offers?

Nottingham
Glasgow
Liverpool
Swansea
Bournemouth

@Princepieman

I sent off my application on a Friday and got an offer on Monday from Liverpool.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Will be sending out my application on Tuesday - applying for Law at Oxford, UCL, LSE, Warwick, and Durham.

I /really/ hope Warwick starts sending out offers soon - I was hoping that an early offer from them would boost my confidence!!
Original post by trythis
Awesome job! I've got 3A*s predicted, but I think I may be the only one in my school :P What unis are you applying to?

Yay thanks, congrats on your predicted grades. I'm applying to Cambridge, LSE, Warwick, UCL and St Andrews :biggrin: I haven't sent off my UCAS form yet

How about you?
Original post by Inexorably

Nottingham, a friend sent his app. in on Monday and got an offer by Thursday.
Original post by Christie_xx
Yay thanks, congrats on your predicted grades. I'm applying to Cambridge, LSE, Warwick, UCL and St Andrews :biggrin: I haven't sent off my UCAS form yet

How about you?

That's some awesome choices! What course?

I'm applying to Birmingham, Cambridge, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Lancaster for computing.
No acknowledgement, no offer from Warwick. This is unusual comparing to last year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sent my application off to UCAS yesterday & then an hour later it was processed & sent to all my university choices. No acknowledgement from any of them yet, hoping for quick offers fingers crossed :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending